IGNORED

1984 xvz12dl battery

I bought my bike without a battery and she's almost ready for the road. I read that the deka battery is the best to replace the stock BTG-GM18Z-3A-S0.. can anyone say where I can buy one in person or get it shipped? I live in Kearny, NJ. and my stock battery had a battery probe (I don't know what that checks...). any issues with a sealed battery? what are the pros and cons.. to a stock style vs sealed battery? and otherwise, what is a good battery and a battery to avoid? without input, I'd be shopping at walmart/

Order your DEKA battery from member Skydoc_17. The probe is a sensor for the electrolyte level in the battery. You will get a warning signal on the dash but that can be overridden by installing a 2K ohm resistor from the probe to the + side of the battery or to the ignition line...

I bought my 84 & within a year I replaced the battery with a top of the line Autozone unit. I worked for 3 months, after that it would crank down & die off. I replaced it with an Advanced Auto unit. That worked better but if I didn't run the bike every 4 or 5 days is would get too weak to start the bike after I was cranking it for awhile.

Then I bought the DEKA from skydoc17. The Price is commensurate with the others and IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM. I leave the bike unstarted for weeks & it fires up. I run ALL the systems & alarms...& it ALWAYS works. I bought that battery 2 years ago, when the time comes...I will get another from SkyDoc17.

QUALITY BATTERY! Pull the trigger, you will not regret it. As far as the sensor goes ... http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?489-Battery-Warning-Bypass