IGNORED

A common Islamic problem!

SilvrT

Dear Benefits Office Manager,

My name is Mohammed Reza and I live in ​B​LACKBURN, and I would like to present before you the following story.

Many years ago, I married a widow out of love who had an 18-year-old daughter.

After the wedding, my father, a widower, came to visit a number of times, and he fell in love with my step-daughter.

My father eventually married her without my authorization.

As a result, my step-daughter legally became my step-mother and my father my son-in-law.

My father's wife (also my step-daughter) and my step-mother, gave birth to a son who is my grandchild because I am the husband of my step-daughter's mother

This boy is also my brother, as the son of my father.

As you can see, my wife became a grandmother, because she is the mother of my father's wife.

Therefore, it appears that I am also my wife's grandchild.

A short time after these events, my wife gave birth to a son, who became my father's brother-in-law, the step-son of my father's wife, and my uncle.

My son is also my step-mother's brother, and through my step-mother, my wife has become a grandmother and I have become my own grandfather.

In light of the above mentioned, I would like to know the following:

Does my son, who is also my uncle, my father's son-in-law, and my step-mother's brother fulfil the requirements for receiving childcare benefit?

Sincerely yours,

Mohammed.

This is why we do not try to explain modern day British problems to Americans, though we do understand that there are similar issues in Texas.

There have recently been changes to the regulations as hitherto child benefit was paid to the primary carer, or the mother by default. It is not paid to the child. Universal credit was introduced but failed, not least because they could not programme the computers. The primary question would be whether the parents are unwell, claiming ESA (employment support allowance) , JSA (job seeker's allowance) as they are unemployed or child tax credit for working families on low incomes. We have people employed to provide advice to explain the possibilities as the people who calculate the benefits are not encouraged to explain what families are eligible for.

Simple answer - it would be the primary carer that would be eligible for child benefit and the couple would decide who would claim WTC, but maybe I've not treated it as a joke. Or maybe I have. Maybe I shouldn't have started on the spiced rum...

I would say that under the circumstances he would not get any benefits at,,, I mean with all that family available to look after him there should be no reason to. Now if he only had a few relatives, then I would suggest a large benefit package, seeing he would have to deal with such things as his caregivers getting old and decrepit.