IGNORED

Why no state?

Switch

I can only guess at other people's motivation, but I think people don't list their state because they are embarrased to admit they don't live in The Great State of Texas!:stirthepot:

and i had tought the great State of Texas already is overcrowded ?

:rotf::stirthepot:

BTW, just wanted everyone to know I appreciate all the response to my question; Thank you. and Thanks to Freebird for all your work in this site. On my previous post, guess I just got caught up on Spear's dissertation on Australia and neglected to extend my thanks on the answers to my question.

Ok, while you're into teaching us some new things... how do you start a new thread message? I can respond to one like this, but last night I sat and hit all the different links, button, etc. and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to start a new message.

Also, I love the little maps everyone has with their display that shows the States and Provinces they have travelled. How do you do that???

Help.

Ted.

• 2 weeks later...
When are you going to get rid of that mis-informed government and get your guns back?

Hey switch. We just got rid of our so-called mis-informed government, when the more mis-informed majority voted in the Labor Party. (Don't get me started on Aussie politics!) Believe it or not, our new Prime Minister is the clown who was shown all 'round the world throwing George Dubya a salute a week or so ago in Washington. Talk about embarrasing!

And as for getting our guns back - I never lost mine. I have 12 legally registered firearms from .22 cal right up to 12 gauge.

So there! :rotf:

Well - you folks on the north side of the planet will complicate things for yourselves. Down under, on this fantastic island continent, Oz has the same land mass as the good ol' USofA but to make life a lot simpler we have only 6 states and 2 territories (same as a state). You can ride from one side of Australia to the other and only have to ride in 3 states. In fact, to ride from the east coast to the west coast you only pass through 1 state (other than the one you left from and the one you end up in).

And a total population 2,000,000 less than California. But, the envy of all who love wide open spaces.

I really like the subtext for the country flags--now and again I need a reminder of the stars and stripes!

Rip--a displaced American in the great land of Canada