IGNORED

Windows for engine vents

dkaiser

Hi all,

I really tore into it and I have most of the body parts painted. Just have the 2 bags bottoms to do today, and I have them done. Not perfect but good enough for the woman I go out with.

I was looking at the side vents for the engine covers. They aren't really bad, but not perfect, and somewhere, I think here I saw that someone had made some smoked acrylic windows to replace them. Does anyone know the thread?

I will post pics when IO get it together.

D

I remember the same thread. But don't remember if it was here or over at venturers.org.

Tried doing a search with no results.

I have mine taped shut from the inside, but I think that the smoked acrilic would be a very good way to go. I do know that I'd never want to open them.

Steve

There is a unused screw post on teh inside fo the louvered vent frame. A sheet metal screw with a washer (I used a stainless steel snap body) of the right diameter will put a gentle squeeze on the frame to put jsut the right tension on teh louovers to keep them from flopping open or shut. Easy to open or close them.

I do remember seeing the smoked windows and believe it to be on this board since I have not looked around much on any others :-).

Just did a search and found this thread

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13004&highlight=side+vents

- Mike