IGNORED

Ebay Saddle Bag Crash rails

Curt, I have them on my 05 RSTD. When I went down last October they don't help a thing. They sure do look good though. I like 'em. That seams like a good price. They are easy to put on.

Thanks Orrin that sums up just what I was thinking, looks good, looks easy, but do they really protect the bags? So you answered all my questions thanks!

Guest tx2sturgis

They are cosmetic trim, not functional roll bars. They have never been correctly called 'crash rails'.

They do help if you happen to bump into the bags with something like a broom or a cooler, but thats about it for protection. Thats just not what they are designed for.

They are designed to look good....and they do.

I've been thinking of getting a set too.

Curt, did you read about the fact that they do not line up correctly? Not a hard fix but you do have to drill a new hole.

Bob

Yeah I have read that, but I think that reference is to the stock OEM crash bars though isn't it?

I don't think it's these Ebay items, as they appear to just clamp on.

Yeah I have read that, but I think that reference is to the stock OEM crash bars though isn't it?

I don't think it's these Ebay items, as they appear to just clamp on.

NO THOSE MOUNT JUST LIKE OEM AND THEY DO HELP THE LOOKS OF THE VENTURE AND TOUR DELUXE.

They sure look the same as OEM. If they aren't, I would sure like to know who is making them and what else they may be manufacturing. Since buying my RSV in '99, I've NEVER seen an aftermarket supplier of these.

Since they are lower in cost, and the article never mentions they are "genuine Star" access. Just seems to state they will match OEM I took for granted they are a knock off, or they are blems? I really dont know that they are, just seems funny they are so much cheaper??:whistling:

Since they are lower in cost, and the article never mentions they are "genuine Star" access. Just seems to state they will match OEM I took for granted they are a knock off, or they are blems? I really dont know that they are, just seems funny they are so much cheaper??:whistling:

My thinking also!:confused24:

I didn't check prices, but they do look like OEM. I like 'em on mine. The fix is to drill another hole to lower the mounting and then they line up better and look better. I have not done this mine but have been thinking about it. But, then, I think about a lot of things I don't get around to doing, and then I do things I don't think about.

Guest tx2sturgis
....But, then, I think about a lot of things I don't get around to doing, and then I do things I don't think about.

What worries me is that I understood that perfectly.

:whistling: