IGNORED

Beatin the heat.....well for a week anyways

djh3

With the wife having use or lose vacation time we decided to go to the mountians for a week and try to beat this Fla heat. Finally decided on Franklin. We have been there before and like surounding areas. Rented a place as she has to take dog. (I dunno I just give in) I was going o put the bike in the trailer and go ride a couple days while up there. But when I got to looking at time available to ride I dont think its worth the extra time driving up with reduced speed pulling trailer vs days to ride. We are planning to raft a day, kyak another, maybe hop over to Helen for a most excellent pretzal @ the bavarian house. So really only leaves lik maybe 2 days to ride. plus didnt think of taking bike until a day or so ago and have not pretrip checked trailer. We will leave 6/ 11 and hope to get there that night. Come home the 16th

Might be able to work out a lunch or dinner if anybody happins to be up and around that area, depending on what we have scheduled for the day. Pretty sure going rafting on Sun as it has cheaper rates.

Looks as though weather could play a spoiler right now. Long range forecasts as they are says rain in 40% range thru sat. But as we get closer I'll take more stock in that prediction.

Looks as though weather could play a spoiler right now. Long range forecasts as they are says rain in 40% range thru sat. But as we get closer I'll take more stock in that prediction.

I just got back from Robbinsville ... rain was 40/50% everyday ...we dodged rain and had a great time....wore jackets about everyday it was great..... the riding in that area is AWE