IGNORED

Lowered the front end, Bottoming concerns.

Hello Good Folks,

I just slid my fork tubes up 7/8" (this measurement was taken from the line between the fork tube cap and tube on top and the recess in the top clamp.)

Now I have a measurement of 4 1/2 inches between the stainless tube cover and the lower leg fender mounting ear. The book says front fork travel is 5 1/2".

I know this has been done before but I am just concerned about bottoming out. I a running original stock springs and changed the oil to 10 weight, we do ride two up and loaded. I don't want to rely on air preload.

What are your experiences?

Edited by Motiv

One Question.

Do you have a Wagner radiator grill guard on your bike?

If you do you will want to remove it and grind dow the area just behind the fender.

The rear of the front fender on lowered bikes can in some circumstances make contact with the Wagner grill.

Normally happens during panic or hard breaking events.

I hve mine lowered 3/4" I measured mine from top of the tube to the top of the triple tree. OEM setting is fork all the way down in triple tree, there where the air cap is. So thats where I measured the drop. Dont guess it matters, just so its same on both sides.

I have read that people raise the forks 1" so 7/8'should be ok, right???

I have a cheap ebay grill on there but will take note when I install the fender.

Thank you.

PS. Sorry for the huge pictures.