IGNORED

Audio kicking out

Seems like the radio on 2011 RSV doesn't like water. It stops working any time it gets wet such as in rain or after a wash. It returns after it dry's out but I'd really like to find out what is causing this. Hoping some one has any idea's regarding this issue. Thanks

I've been thru heavy rain and haven't had any issues.

When you say it "stops working"....is there anything showing on the controller?

Since you have a 2011....don't waste your time. Take it to the dealer for warranty work.

Still have the warranty and the dealer has worked on it several times but because the problem is intermittent the thing works when they give it back to me. And yes, the controller goes blank as well. Thanks for the input guys.

Cover your bases. Contact Yamaha yourself also. Make sure they know you have had it back multiple times. I have had some friends that had intermitent problems with something on a car and the dealer keeps "fixing" it until out of warrenty. Then your hosed.

I have a 2013 RSV and the connector to the Ipod controller in the saddle bag had a bad cable and made the radio controller go blank. . I unplugged the cable and every thing worked (except the Ipod connection). Not sure if 2011 had Ipod or not.

That shouldnt get wet but maybe a coincidence?