IGNORED

And away they go!!

flyday58

Today was moving day for my bike collection. They left around 1 pm headed for our new digs in Cloudcroft, New Mexico. The driver said he should be there Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, so they will be waiting for me when we get there next Monday. Our builder graciously agreed to store them in his warehouse till I can pick them up.

Mixed feelings watching them go, you never know if you're gonna see your loved ones again! Driver and his partner sleep in the tow vehicle, though, and only stay at well-lit Pilots, Flying Js or other big truck stops, so all should go well. I'm not worried...

:fingers-crossed-emo

In addition to the Venture, there's a 78 DT175, a 74 GT80, and a 71 AT-1 (125). The seat is off the Venture headed to Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston, Washington. Oh, and the Halle Berryson in the bed is someone else's, going to the port of Los Angeles, headed to Australia. This guy gets around.

IMG_4580.jpgIMG_4581.jpgIMG_4582.jpg

Ground Control to Major Tom,,,, looking good down here below,,

we got you bikes and all your toys,, their safely kept and now in tow..

Staring out the window out in space, keep looking closely for ol Puc..

Try not to worry about those ya love down here,, their all just find behind that truck!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

BEEAAUUTIFUL COLLECTION THEIR MY FRIEND!! :thumbsup::clap2::dancefool: Congrats on the move, hope you folks thoroughly enjoy your new home and,, well,, may sound corny but I hope those other loved ones (the bikes) settle in real nicely too!! :thumbsup2:

NICE DICK - REALLY REALLY NICE!! :clap2:

Thanks Scott! I'll shoot some vids of the winding switchbacks we got out there in old NEW Mexico. Maybe you and the Missus can pass through on one of your westward wanderings one day!

I'm sure my babies will be fine. It will be interesting to see how the small ones fare in the rarefied air at 9000 feet above stress level. The 175 has richer jets in it to correct the lean seizure probs I was having with it, and the other two have stock jets. I read here that the Venture won't have that issue with the CV carbs. We shall see.

I'll be sure to "take my protein pills and put my helmet on", Ground Control!!:group cheers:

Best of luck, you should enjoy Cloudcroft, ridden through there and stayed/camped there quiet a bit. I will hit it again this summer...sometime. The road to Ruidoso is very nice in the fall, or anytime else. Watch out for the elk.

Bill

I think you will be fine. My Austin Healey was fine in Denver and the surrounding mountains except for dead of winter. Then I had to richen the mixture buy turning the knurled nut on the bottom of the carbs two turns. The SU carbs are cousins to ours. Since our carbs aren't adjustable that way, you may have to change out the idle jet...

You will see, for sure! And congrats! Beautiful area...[/color]

Best of luck, you should enjoy Cloudcroft, ridden through there and stayed/camped there quiet a bit. I will hit it again this summer...sometime. The road to Ruidoso is very nice in the fall, or anytime else. Watch out for the elk.

Bill

Yea,,, hey wait a minute here you guys,, that CLoudcroft is just a little south of Albuquerque and the almighty Laguna Burgers are only a couple miles west of Albuquerque on 40... Hey Dick, I betcha a after a few trips up for a Laguna Burger, that Venture and you will settle right in to NM right nicely!! :thumbsup:

20140607_143339.jpg

20140607_143304.jpg

I think you will be fine. My Austin Healey was fine in Denver and the surrounding mountains except for dead of winter. Then I had to richen the mixture buy turning the knurled nut on the bottom of the carbs two turns. The SU carbs are cousins to ours. Since our carbs aren't adjustable that way, you may have to change out the idle jet...

You will see, for sure! And congrats! Beautiful area...[/color]

Nothing major even if he does David, one of our members here (I think its Skydoc) has kit's to tweek the slide needle up or down - tweeked Tweek's last year before we left - WORKED PERFECT in the mountains!! Lots easier than rejetting..

Yea,,, hey wait a minute here you guys,, that CLoudcroft is just a little south of Albuquerque and the almighty Laguna Burgers are only a couple miles west of Albuquerque on 40... Hey Dick, I betcha a after a few trips up for a Laguna Burger, that Venture and you will settle right in to NM right nicely!! :thumbsup:

Good goonly googoo, where did you put all of that, Scott? I could eat on one of those for a couple of days!! Guess I'll have to make my way up to ABQ and try one meself.:hihi:

Nothing major even if he does David, one of our members here (I think its Skydoc) has kit's to tweek the slide needle up or down - tweeked Tweek's last year before we left - WORKED PERFECT in the mountains!! Lots easier than rejetting..
Yep, good to know. We'll see how she starts next Monday or Tuesday for the ride from 8600' in the village to 9000' at the house. I am really stoked! Just hope the local HD contingent accept as a somewhat superior equal!

Bill

I'd say pm me when you get there, but I'll be back in Ole Miss by then, sweatin', cussin', and generally looking west. Looking to do the final move by the end of summer, but my mother-in-law is in a bad way here so gotta stay flexible. But once I'm there...

seven_femalefig_06.jpg

"All are welcome, all are welcome!"