IGNORED

After market seats for RSTD

• 2 weeks later...
Principle,

I can fix your seat and my cost is only $35 plus shipping (for the driver section). I read the Rider article on Spencer with keen interest as his approach to seat mods is pretty close to mine except that I use 1 1/2" memory foam as a top layer. My approach has always been to change the foundation foam to more fit the butt and cut in a tail bone relief to take the pressure off the tailbone and get it on the sit bones. And even though I have done many bike seats, my specialty has been mainly Venture (1st and RSV) seats as well as RSTDs. I have also recently done both sections of a Stratoliner that turned out well. I'm currently working on Rick Turton's seat off of his 85, which is pretty aged and a challenge but I'll make it better for he and his wife.

I'm in the classified section if I can help you out,

Rick

I have only ridden it to work and back one day, 30 minutes each way. I can feel the differnce. Hoping to get a couple hours on it but I am sure that my backside will go a whole lot further than it had been. Still haven't had the ole lady onit for a ride. Rick did tweak it a bit so she might sit more in the seat when I stop.

Hopefully I will be able to add more. BTW, you will be satisfied with Rick's work.

As one who put a Mustang seat on a 2005 RSTD and only lost half his money when he sold it on eBay, I would say the Mustang seat is one of the most overrated pieces of equipment on the market today. IF you are over 6' tall, the Mustang will lock you into a numbing experience that'll make riding on the bare frame an improvement. It is just my opinion; however, I spent over 3500 miles trapped on the Mustang. Hate them.

Guest jpbo

is somebody knows more about this cpg Mean City Cycles, they rebuild stock seat to the rider specs and it cost less than after market seats, i read good review ,they are popular among harley riders

thanks

They are located 30 minutes from where I live and everybody that has used them has been extremely satisfied.They have many options one of which is reshaping plus both gel pads and memory foam.

http://hdforums.com/forumid_314/p_2/tmode_1/smode_1/tt.htm

http://www.meancitycycles.com/motorcycle_seat_modifications.php

:Cartoon_397:

Edited by roadwarrior

• 2 weeks later...

I am new here, just joined, but appreciate all the feedback. This is one of the only things I have done to my bike thus far. I replaced the original seat with an Ultimate Seat for myself and passenger. Previously I had problems with over 75 miles, but I put this on and rode from Oklahoma to Minneapolis and had not discomfort.

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/yamaharoyalstarTD.html

I am 6ft2 260 and would like a more comfortible seat for my 2006 RSTD if their is one availibe.I have looked at Mustang seats but do you really get more comfort for the money.I would like to ride 3 hours witout my a$$ going numb.Suggestions would be appreciated.I like the looks of the Corbin but I heard they are rather firm.:cool10:

Sending my seat to Rick Butler Monday.From what I have saw and read, modify is best.

Fuzzy:080402gudl_prv: