IGNORED

E-bay hacking

blue mtn. jim

There is some serious hacking going on on ebay by a seller named Mr Weed, I have found out on camping and tents listings. 250.00 tents selling for 20.00 and have my paypal account trying to be compromised. Be careful and I do not what other listings this clown is involved with.

This is going on on Craigslist too. It almost happened to my wife several weeks ago. She is selling a table and only hours after she listed someone from the new York City area said they wanted to buy it and that they would have someone pick it up immediately. They asked if we had a paypal account. I have one but was reluctant to give him my account. All this was being done through text messages. We had given him my email address and he immediately sent us a payment and said he was adding an extra $300.00. Alarm bells immediately started going off. We contacted paypal and sent them the address of the sender which they told us was bogus. They instructed us to not open the link they had sent or send it to our paypal account because it would allow the send to get our bank account information. We saved ourselves getting ripped off. But get this, the A-holes kept trying to get her to do it using different numbers but all from the same area code. Idiots! We ended the calls by adding a disclaimer that the buyer had to me local and come in person with cash. hope this helps others out there.

That stuff has been going on for years on CL and eBay... When I list something for sale, I can almost guarantee I'll get the response in the first couple of hours. I disregard them.... I will respond to local or nearby inquiries only. I just picked up a Harbor Freight MC Chock in Stockton off CL. $30 bucks like new. Didn't make sense to buy it and drive down to pick it up, but I was heading that direction the next week and it worked out...

Thanks for the post.

I hade a couple of these on Craigslist when selling a trailer where the person was "Out to sea and helping an uncle" and wanted to use PP with an extra few bucks thrown in for the option...BS?

I just let them go and never open their emails or make connection again.

Wonder if this persons name has a hidden clue in it? "Mr. Weed" :)

____sign___denny__s.jpg