IGNORED

Installing RK pipes....

I am in the process of installing my RK pipes and have one side completed. The only issue I am having is that the wide clamps need to be forced open to fit over the end of the y pipe. I sanded the end and then applied a lot of anti-seize but it was still a very thight fit. The RK pipe was not hard to start but I had to tap with a rubber mallet to seat it properly. Hope I am doing things right? Will tackle the other side later on today.

I am also doing the saddlebag rail mod and that is an easy one, just measure twice and drill once. Will also be changing oil in the pumpkin while I have full acess to it.

Could not resist and had to start it up with that one RK pipe installed and WOW that new sound will be sweet. Cant wait to hear it with both installed.:dancefool:

Thanks to all who posted such valuable information on how to do all of this:clap2:

Bert, for me I like the sound around town and short trips of say maybe an hour. I find however when the wife and I go on a longer trip and have to ride say 4 hours or all day. The noise gets to be grating even with ear buds in. But are ez enough to swap on and off, so I just swap around when I want to. Good luck they do sound nice without sounding like a thrashing machine.