IGNORED

Taking the plunge,,,

Wrench

Just ordered a set of Commander II's. After much reading, nail biting, do I/don't I, I've decided to go with the smaller front tire too. I thought I could get by one more season with my front 880 but it's got some cracking in the tread, date code is 1910 so it's almost 5 years old. It's got leveling links so I'm hoping for a floorboard scrapin' monster when I get these new skins on it. :cool:

No, just the stock ones. The PO had a Baron's lowering kit on it with 404 in back and Metzler up front. Bike handled like crap. Removed the lowering kit and returned it to stock height resulted in a 50% improvement. Then with the CMII's it was another 50% improvement, especially with the skinnier tire up front. Low speed handling is way better and have not noticed any loss of stability at higher speeds. Also, no longer getting any snaking effect on cracks or grooves. Only negative is that they do not make them with white walls as I would have preferred that.

Got my tires yesterday afternoon, gotta admit I was pleasantly surprised. These came packed in a box, with cardboard bead seperators in the tires. The last set I ordered came wrapped in plastic and taped together, made it harder to get them to air up since they were packed so tight. Got the rear mounted last night, cleaned and greased the splines, also did a little housekeeping while I had it apart. Getting ready to go work on the front in a few. I ordered them from MotoSport and the date code on both is 3914, so they're fairly "fresh", and they shipped from a whse in Virginia.

glad you like them. I might add them to the list of tires I'll try in the future. Right after the Elite 3's. Just got my Shinko 230's on did a little cleaning under there too. Good luck with the Commander's