IGNORED

Right speaker doesnt work, help please?

Hey guys, I put some shims under the plugs for my radio hoping that would give me an easy solution to not having my right speaker work. Only the left works with the radio AND the CB. Also only the left speaker works in the headset too. I hardly use the headset, and I'm not above jumping the left and right speaker together. I can even do this with the headset and wont be too upset by it.

I guess Im just wondering if any of you had have similar problems?

Also if I jumper the two speakers am I going to lose power to them? I have a hard time hearing the radio with only the left speaker working, and I'm a bit of a music nut so I needs the radio!!!! Any suggestions guys?!?!?!

Yup, I had the same problem with my '85 VR. Only left speaker. I started by jumping left to right as well which was fine for a while. Until, that is, I was listening to some Beatles tracks and all of a sudden I'm not hearing harmonizing vocals. That's because they were on the right side of the track which I couldn't hear. I tried resoldering circuit board joints, etc, etc, etc. Just get a replacement amp (not radio) and you should be fine. That's what I did and now I can hear George and Ringo just fine. :D

Thomas

Yup, I had the same problem with my '85 VR. Only left speaker. I started by jumping left to right as well which was fine for a while. Until, that is, I was listening to some Beatles tracks and all of a sudden I'm not hearing harmonizing vocals. That's because they were on the right side of the track which I couldn't hear. I tried resoldering circuit board joints, etc, etc, etc. Just get a replacement amp (not radio) and you should be fine. That's what I did and now I can hear George and Ringo just fine. :D

Thomas

That's what I was thinking too, all of the good old songs actually USED stereo!!! I'll just have to get an aMplifier? Is the amp on an 83 the same as on an 88

Is the amp on an 83 the same as on an 88

While the 1988 power amp has a '26H' prefix (26H-88132-01-00) which usually means compatibility with a 1983, according to the microfiche, the 1983 and 1984 are different and perhaps not compatible?

My gut says they will interchange, but the parts list says 'not necessarily'.:confused24:

how does 20. sound. Try it first if not needed send back. hows that sound.

Yeah we can do that! They spliced the plug that goes to the speakers though so I need to get up to randolph and do a continuity check on all the wires first, and if the plug is fine then I'll PM you!