Opening a can of worms

Freebird

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the best lines I ever heard was, " 80% of all Harley's ever built are still on the road and the other 20% actually made it home". And this is coming from a guy who owns a Harley and I also own a Midnite Venture. Point being you have to have a good laugh once and awhile. Some people take things a way too serious. Bottom line it is not what you ride but more of what type of person you are. Everyone sees something different in the bikes they choose and that is their prerogative, it doesn't' make them a good person or a bad person. I don't know who made these comments to Don nor do I want to but I think if they truly sat down and thought about the amount of time and energy that Don and the people that helped him to build this site he/she might come to realize he has a true love for the people on this site and he is truly here to assist people rather than cause them hardship. Don I have been a member for many years here and I don't do a lot of posting but I do a lot of reading. This site has helped me and many many others. Thank you and your team for all of your hard work. One thing that I have learned in life is that you can never please everyone and that sometimes, my self included jump to conclusions that they later regret. Hopefully this person comes to realize that might they have been a bit too sensitive and they can let bygones be bygones, if not, they own the problem not you.

For what it's worth:

Allowing yourself to get offended is a problem that you create and you own, not anyone else. One should always first consider the intention of the person and their comment; if that person did not intend to offend, then no offense can or should be taken. If one is concerned about a comment or has a question, then a conversation should ensue to achieve clarity.

My simple motto: always respond, never react.

I think we all need to pray for this person. If he was a calm level headed fellow as some have said, this change of behavior could be the onset of dementia, etc. The first step is taking offense at nothing. The next would be paranioa. Then delusional. Accussing his lifetime friends of stealing from him. Lets pray he is not on this road.

Don, your feelings are right. Pray for him and have a clear conscience.