IGNORED

Seems like only yesterday, lets go back to where it all began...

cowpuc

So do you think that the XS1100 owners are always giving first gen Venture riders crap for having the "tuned down machine" kind of like you dirty old first genners do to us Second Gens?:255:

If I had that purdy, REAL 1st Gen, 81 Venture it WOULD be the fastest Venture on the site AND I WOULD make sure that everyone knew it, including any imposter who claimed his 83 to 93 Venture was the real 1st Gen!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

One Dirty Ol 1st Genner:backinmyday:

Puc

Edited by cowpuc

If I had that purdy, REAL 1st Gen, 81 Venture it WOULD be the fastest Venture on the site AND I WOULD make sure that everyone knew it, including any imposter who claimed his 83 to 93 Venture was the real 1st Gen!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

One Dirty Ol 1st Genner:backinmyday:

Puc

Let's go half on it! You can have it every other weekend:missingtooth:

Let's go half on it! You can have it every other weekend:missingtooth:

No way Cha,, egotism is to selfishness what winning is to racing,, its all or nothing :stickpoke::think::buttkick::doh:

Wait a minute,, that might work,, how bout I get it when its running and you get it when its broke:think::shock3:

Hmmm,,, I get for 6 months :sun1: and you get for the other :snow:

I am beginning to feel like a divorce attorney here... :crackup::detective:

The 1981 Venture had a 6 gal. fuel tank. The std xs1100 78-80 had 5 gal. tanks and the Specials had four gal tanks

I bought a new 81 special and put 42K on it. The day I picked it up there was a new 81 XS1100 Venture setting next to my special. At the time the special just looked so much cooler.

The 1981 Venture had a 6 gal. fuel tank. The std xs1100 78-80 had 5 gal. tanks and the Specials had four gal tanks

I bought a new 81 special and put 42K on it. The day I picked it up there was a new 81 XS1100 Venture setting next to my special. At the time the special just looked so much cooler.

Isnt it funny how now that we are older we suddenly realize how cool the stuff we thought was icky back than really was way cool!!! MM, those XS11's were flier's,, I think they were close to 100 horse stock AND they were a LOT lighter than our Ventures.. What do you think,, if a guy had one - tune it up so it ran right,, give these modern day Ventures a run for their money??

I had a real pretty 78 650 Special that I bought brand new from a dealership in Scottsville Mi back in 78, loved the bike - road it out west.. Than I won a 78 1/2 Harley Low Rider in a drawing on a Power House job site (working for Local 169, Boilermakers out of Detroit) and sold the Yam.. Those Specials (650, 3 cylinder 750's and the 1100's) were cool bikes!!

It looks a lot like my 1979 XS1100, except I had Pacifico fairing and luggage on it. Had to change the seat within hours of my first ride away from the dealer. Called from the road and screamed bloody murder...(actually was my BUTT screaming!) those original seats were for eternity but not for comfort. Had the bike for 5 years and loved every minute of it. STRONG motor, fun times....of course I was a LOT younger in those days!

It looks a lot like my 1979 XS1100, except I had Pacifico fairing and luggage on it. Had to change the seat within hours of my first ride away from the dealer. Called from the road and screamed bloody murder...(actually was my BUTT screaming!) those original seats were for eternity but not for comfort. Had the bike for 5 years and loved every minute of it. STRONG motor, fun times....of course I was a LOT younger in those days!

THAT is a fact Poledar!! I always said those early bikes saddled like a 2/6 with a blanket tossed over it!! Remember the early water seats:big-grin-emoticon: that we strapped over em for comfort? Like a flat rectangular whoopee cushion with tie strings to hook onto the seat? I was touring out west with one covering the saddle on my 73 650 and had it sprang a leak.. Would have been funny except it took me a month to get over the monkey butt I ended up with from riding in soaked jeans.. Those were the days..:grandpa:

I don't feel like bikes today (or anything for that matter) are as cool or just generally as neat as they used to be. Very few bikes currently on the market that attract my attention. My dream bike that would be new would be an XJR1300. Which is still a throw back to the air cooled in-line fours of old...

Really think sometimes I was born in the wrong generation...

Isnt it funny how now that we are older we suddenly realize how cool the stuff we thought was icky back than really was way cool!!! MM, those XS11's were flier's,, I think they were close to 100 horse stock AND they were a LOT lighter than our Ventures.. What do you think,, if a guy had one - tune it up so it ran right,, give these modern day Ventures a run for their money??

I had a real pretty 78 650 Special that I bought brand new from a dealership in Scottsville Mi back in 78, loved the bike - road it out west.. Than I won a 78 1/2 Harley Low Rider in a drawing on a Power House job site (working for Local 169, Boilermakers out of Detroit) and sold the Yam.. Those Specials (650, 3 cylinder 750's and the 1100's) were cool bikes!!

With out a doubt the XS1100 was a faster ¼ mile bikes. In a high gear roll on the XS would leave the Venture in the rear view mirror. They had about the same HP, minus 200 lbs, and were geared lower.

Earl

PS, I have five XS1100s now, three with titles and two partsbike.

78 XS full dresser (title)

80 XS Special (title)

81 XS Special (title) I bought it new in 81 and sold in 1990and bought it back in 1995

81 XS Special parts bike

80 XS Standard parts bike

With out a doubt the XS1100 was a faster ¼ mile bikes. In a high gear roll on the XS would leave the Venture in the rear view mirror. They had about the same HP, minus 200 lbs, and were geared lower.

Earl

PS, I have five XS1100s now, three with titles and two partsbike.

78 XS full dresser (title)

80 XS Special (title)

81 XS Special (title) I bought it new in 81 and sold in 1990and bought it back in 1995

81 XS Special parts bike

80 XS Standard parts bike

PICS!!!!

Here's my '79 Special. Fairing with lowers, radio, Full Luggage, Heel-toe, floorboards. Bought as seen in pics, it had been sitting for 7 years. I rebuilt the carbs, changed the oil, and it runs, but i still have to go through everything else when I get a round tuit. Haven't ridden it yet.

When I get it on the road I won't razz any '1st gen' owners. (Or shall we say gen 1.1?)xs11.jpg

PICS!!!!

Here's my '79 Special. Fairing with lowers, radio, Full Luggage, Heel-toe, floorboards. Bought as seen in pics, it had been sitting for 7 years. I rebuilt the carbs, changed the oil, and it runs, but i still have to go through everything else when I get a round tuit. Haven't ridden it yet.

When I get it on the road I won't razz any '1st gen' owners. (Or shall we say gen 1.1?)[ATTACH=CONFIG]96683[/ATTACH]

You have one nice looking 79, my 78 is in need of a total rebuild. I have posted picturs before, not working today.

PICS!!!!

When I get it on the road I won't razz any '1st gen' owners. (Or shall we say gen 1.1?)[ATTACH=CONFIG]96683[/ATTACH]

81 back in the eighties and the 78 that I picked up a few months ago.

Earl

This is an 80 XS11 I helped my son-law fix up a couple years back. It had 22K, but had not been on the road for ten years.

Earl

WOW!!! Gorgeous scoots you guys!! :thumbsup: