IGNORED

Ahhhh,, the summer of 14,,, ADVENTURE SERVED UP GORMET STYLE!!!!

cowpuc

cowpuc ..... as you may recall, I'd offered to put this entire story into a document complete with pictures for ya. Well I did get a lot of it done ... had bookmarks set for each picture and had saved somewhere around 250 pics. Some time between then and now I had a hard drive crash. Was certain all your "stuff" was saved to a different location, along with all my own "stuff" .... well for the life of me I can't find any of your stuff. Been looking and looking recently coz I really wanted to complete the project. IT AIN'T THERE NOWHERE!!

:225:

However, I do have a couple "retired" hard drives which I haven't looked at yet so maybe..... just maybe .....

In any event, if it's all lost, I'm sorry bud... and just a little PO'd at myself for loosing all that work.

:95:

Awe,, just noticed this @SilvrT = absolutely NO worries my friend!! I know exactly how you feel brother, have lost a fair amount of data over the years myself and it aint never fun... Tell ya what,,, put that great big smile back on your face - remember to take lots of pics on your southern trip this year - come back and tell us all about it and include some pictures and we'll call er even!!!:thumbsup:

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember to take lots of pics on your southern trip this year - come back and tell us all about it and include some pictures and we'll call er even!!!:thumbsup:

It's a deal!

I'll be doing a regular "blog" on Facebook which anyone can follow (I think) .... https://www.facebook.com/RickAndNinaYerex/

Plus, don't be surprised if ya see a truck (aptly dubbed "The Green Gobbler" coz it's green and gobbles gas) & 5th wheel rollin into yer driveway one day!

It's a deal!

I'll be doing a regular "blog" on Facebook which anyone can follow (I think) .... https://www.facebook.com/RickAndNinaYerex/

Plus, don't be surprised if ya see a truck (aptly dubbed "The Green Gobbler" coz it's green and gobbles gas) & 5th wheel rollin into yer driveway one day!

OUTSTANDING!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

PLEASE try and get here before July - Tweeks, Tip and I are hoping to FINALLY get back on the road = CTFW back out west and visit the kids in Sacramento - last time out was '14 before my health went BOOM.. You folks are welcome ANYTIME but it would be great if we could be here too!! Got lots of space in my driveway, got a wash machine and dryer, showers and all that stuff.. Also got a State Park a mile down the road where we can empty holding tanks.. Would LOVE to set up a Meet - Greet and Eat Meat while your here - give ya Star Billing and all that - maybe even have some other VR lop eared varmints who would want to come out and play :dancefool: PLUS - there's always the endless Hot Dogs if ya come for a Meet - Greet and Eat Meat!!:fatsmiley:

Just click on the Members Map - find my balloon right on the west side of Michigan on the lake shore - click on it and BOOM - theres me house :smile5: !!

Man I love this place,,, and its people,,,, and motorcycles,,, and Hot Dogs,,,, wow I LOVE Hot Dogs!!:missingtooth:

Something tells me I need to go and read this thing, might have time this week while I wait for the lakes and rivers to disappear.

"Never ride faster then your guardian angel can fly."

If you can do it in a week your a better man than I am Snype - took a lot longer than that to live it :Laugh:

@cowpuc We're leaving here beginning of August heading for the Maritime provinces ... then heading to Florida around end of Sep. Parking our butts there for the winter, then it's off to NM and AZ before heading back up here around mid April 2018.

Doesn't look like we'll make it up your neck 'o the woods this time around but we plan to head back to th US again in the fall of 2018.

However, considering your location and where we are heading, it's possible we can dip down there en-route to Eastern Canada. I'll put some thought to that. Would love to hook up with y'all.

cowpuc ... just checked the map and you're only about 5 hrs south of Sault Ste Marie, Ontario so ........ maybe a side trip is in order eh!

ABSOLUTELY SILV!!!!:thumbsup:

:lightbulb:,, you and I have done enough touring in our lives that we both know that = THE BEST ADVENTURES OF ALL WHEN YOUR OUT CHASING THE FRONT WHEEL(S) ARE USUALLY FOUND IN THE SIDE TRIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crank er this here way brother!!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

If you can do it in a week your a better man than I am Snype - took a lot longer than that to live it :Laugh:

Yeah I started to back in February and lost site of it, You and your adventures out in the briar patches and behind gas stations I am sure, or out in the middle of somewhere... got to say hope I get a chance to do a little something this summer, I refuse to let things get in the way this year..

Mom's mom was a real Southern Bell straight out of the Lil Rock area who learned to cook Southern Fried Chicken and Red Baked Beans with Bacon over the top of em at a very early age.. I never did care for my Dads Mom's Northern Bean's but I have always LOVED Sour Kraut - especially on a hotdog that is cooked Indian style over an open fire..

I know I am almost two years late to the party, But all the same Love them dog's in that sour Kraut. You got me smelling that dog cooking over a campfire and the Kraut boiling next to it. Mouth is a watering here and stomach is a talking.... Good so far I may finish the story tonight maybe... Got me kind of Hooked. I went down to check out the park, it is gonna be awhile before I can enjoy rides to there and walking the trail. It is a mess down there. I will do my best to stretch this story out tho..

Edited by snyper316
Boiling.....

Edbo - I have NO idea how I missed this but I did!! I have been looking and searching - trying to figure out where we were when we found those border towns meeting each other - Maccaysville and Copper Hill! It was SOOOOO awesome up there.. Anyway - doing a little research here trying to find a picture about Sturgis to share with another member who was just talking about riding a Canyon out in Sturgis and BINGO - I discover your post,,, checked it out and guess what? Looks like YOU NAILED IT BROTHER!! THANK YOU!! Tip and I were talking about maybe swinging down that way very very soon - perhaps as soon as this summer on our way west!! That is some AWESOME riding down there in that area - definitely out classes The Dragon IMHO.. Anyway,, thanks again Edbo

Now back to looking for those photos..

Puc

i thought about this several times why you didn't respond I thought maybe this wasn't the area you were talking about. Glad I could help out. I really enjoy reading about your trips and hope someday I can ride out west and enjoy Gods country, but right now I'm enjoying gods country here in the south. North Georgia and North Carolina have some great roads to ride but Tennessee and south Kentucky has some great roads also to ride. If your ever coming back down into Tennessee let me know I know of a road that I have rode several times and still yet to meet a motorcycle on it. I hope no one finds it but I will let you in on the little secret. It's definitely way more fun than the dragon IMHO.

Glad your feeling better, get out and ride that will put a smile on your face and heal your body and soul. :Venture:

Dale124 = I am looking for some photos in a past road trip report of mine and noticed the above. I instantly thought of your inquiry earlier this year and a response I made therein about Jordan Montana. You had mentioned looking for Cowboy stuff. The above has a taste of what I was referring to - not sure if the photo's will show but,, if they dont,, this was from page 18, scroll down to post 257 - find the pics of Jordan and notice the cowboy stuff that I accidently photoed - just scratched the surface brother!! Hope your trip pans out = maybe even that our buddy divey is able to tag!!

Puc

Thanks, Puc, that sounds like a great place to visit. You sure have had some adventures on that scoot of yours.

Dale.