IGNORED

Seattle area Maintenance Day?

k7mdl

Have not read about one in the Seattle area before, but I am guessing there are more than a few of us around that know how to use a wrench and how to work on our Venture/RSTD/other bike.

I have the basic tool collection, jack+lift adapter for the 2nd gen Venture, a CarbTune sync tool, and '87 and '07 Ventures with work coming up (brake pads, lower throttle cables, grease the '07 rear hub pins...) and lots of room in the garage for many bikes.

Could be my place to start with, somewhere else, or rotate around some. Also some folks around here are ham radio operators and like to fish, so yet more reasons to put off the landscape work and hang out (I am into VHF/microwave contesting/roving - hopefully now by motorcycle this summer).

- Mike, K7MDL

Have not read about one in the Seattle area before, but I am guessing there are more than a few of us around that know how to use a wrench and how to work on our Venture/RSTD/other bike.

I have the basic tool collection, jack+lift adapter for the 2nd gen Venture, a CarbTune sync tool, and '87 and '07 Ventures with work coming up (brake pads, lower throttle cables, grease the '07 rear hub pins...) and lots of room in the garage for many bikes.

- Mike, K7MDL

You may even attract some of the BC crowd too.

Could be my place to start with, somewhere else, or rotate around some. Also some folks around here are ham radio operators and like to fish, so yet more reasons to put off the landscape work and hang out (I am into VHF/microwave contesting/roving - hopefully now by motorcycle this summer).

- Mike, K7MDL

Heck, hold it sometime in September and you might get a couple of NorCal riders? :) Sorta planning on a trip into Canada via Seattle around that time....

Mike

I'm in Maple valley, so I would be up for that idea. with only 700 miles on my 07 I'm not in need of any maintenance yet, but If you schedule one I would like to be there. as far as a maintenance day at my place I have enough tools for sure, space on the other hand. My garage will barley hold my RSV. Cozy to say the least. if people don't mind working out on the concrete driveway I'll host one too. I might even have a lift by then to.

Ken C.

I grew up in Maple Valley in the 70's. We could have more than one a year too. Not much beer around here, too many stripped screw threads with that stuff around ...:cool10:

There is a DQ 7 miles away in Woodinville though! I am not equipped to handle tire replacement, so any cross continent journeys will need to take that into consideration! We are surrounded by many motorcycle shops however so you can be accomodated.

We are planning to do a car trip to SF/Tahoe July 4 week with the family. Then late July Hells Canyon/Baker City for a week on motorcycle.

If anyone coming into the area is into saltwater fishing, and I still have my boat by then, we can double the fun and hit the San Juan Islands or Puget Sound too.