IGNORED

FJR vs Venture Has anyone owned both?

IronMike

I have an FJR and a Venture.They are two different animals.The FJR is a great around bike.Easy to ride and very responsive.The venture is slow and comfy.It depends on how you want to ride. FJR1300 can ride all day in the rain with no worries.If you are looking for a change, it is a good bike to explore.

Heyyyy,, just had a thought go ripping thru my bean,, lets encourage em to get one of those Honda F6b Wing things you guys,,, the sport bike version of a Wing!!! I dont think we have anyone on VR who owns one of them/have yet to see one on the road

We used to have a member called MillionMiles, or something close, who bought an F6B but then moved on to another more appropriate forum.

I think the 2016 FJR 1300 could be so easily modified at the factory to fit the rear end of a 1st Gen which would give more passenger room and greater storage. Probably would not suit the Harley clone guys but this combo could be Yamaha's answer for a real touring 3rd Gen Venture.

Geeze, we were all set to jump in on this thread, but fortunately went back to the first post from IronMike to check on the two bikes he currently own(-ed?)~

Folks, somehow this thread made a quantum leap from IronMike's query - New Year's Eve of 2014 - to current days!!!

For the record: we owned a wonderful/beautiful 2008 or 09 black FJR 1300 ABS, and LOVED every mile on it. Then age - and seat height! - got in the way (74 soon) so we moved to an equally wonderful/beautiful black'n grey 09 RSTD. We LOVED every mile on her too.

Then AGE seriously got in the way. We're still riding... an amazing Yamaha Majesty 400cc Scooter - do not laugh. It will cruise The Big Road all day at 75-80 mph, delivers 50 mpg Imp., and continues to leave a smile on our kisser.

Back to Mike - IF he's still wondering!~ - the FJR was awesome from the get-go; and with all those extra perks nowadays, you'd be hard pressed to find a better ride in any situ - but we can't see a trailer stuck behind it.

Rgds, Wordpecker