IGNORED

RSTD to a 2005 Vulcan 2000 Limited???

yuckly

As far as the v-twin vs. V-4, I prefer the v-twin.

Some here mention the "thumpety-thump" of a V-twin and it not being as smooth as the V4. Could it be they're comparing only a specific V-twin in a specific bike?

My Vic is every bit as smooth as all 3 of my previous V4s and actually smoother than my RSMV was. It's more powerful both in bottom and top end and runs at a much lower rpm. Y'all have a right to love your V4s but when you make comparison's to a V-twin, I'd suggest you're not being totally accurate.

:witch_brew:

Big Lenny,

if you have the kawasaki voyager itch bad, may I suggest a 2010, 2011 model? They are all over the place with really low miles and can probably get one fairly cheap. This can offset some of the add ons. For me, in Florida and the heat, it's a no go. And yes, the do make a fantastic motor, and the colors and lights pop on the bike.

My friend rides a Voyager and loves it. Here in PA. the heat probably isn't an issue as often as it would be in Fla.. I like the look of the Voyager a lot and prefer a frame mounted fairing. I thought I wanted one. I had a 1500 Vulcan that I loved. So, I had the chance to test ride a Nomad, I was disappointed. The new engine / frame / belt drive combo left me feeling strangely disconnected from the machine and I couldn't wait to get back on my Vulcan 1500. I think I may have been V-twinned out. I was looking for smooth, quiet and comfortable. The Vulcan engines are noisy buggers. Mechanical noise, not exhaust, unless you modify the exhaust, which I did to mask some of the mechanical noise of my 1500. The 1700 seemed somehow less refined than my 1500. I still love the look but even with carbs and a cassette player the RSV just felt more refined to me.

Puc, look @ a Vaquero. It is pretty much what you said, no trunk, single seat etc. I am a member on the Kawasaki board ther since 07 when I bought my 900 vulcan. I bet I have read over 100 posts on the heat issue of the Voyager. I think anything 2012 up has the heat divirter system built into it and they did do some recall repairs on the 10-11 bikes. Just have to kind of know what to look for on the older models. Look around the Kawi site there and see what guys think about the repair.

I worked on the RSTD yesterday. Pulled the baffles and wrapped them. I like the way the packing changed the "note of the exhaust' but I think that I will have to put more in. Quiet it down even more.

We are doing 170+ miles today so i will have a better idea of the overall effect that the quieter pipes have on my ears on longer rides.