IGNORED

Must be doing something right!!!

Ventureless

So I am 37 years old and this will be the first time in my life I am being trusted to cook the turkey for Thanksgiving. I do all the cooking for my immediate family and cook whole pigs, goats, lambs, etc. I also do a lot of meat smoking and regular grilling. So I will be cooking the turkey for my family and my wife's family tomorrow. I am sure it will be nitpicked for fun. This also tells me that my dad and father in law are getting old and I am starting to take over some. I still remember when my dad started cooking the holiday meals instead of grandpa. So off to the kitchen I go to rub my turkey with some Tony Chachere's original cajun spice so the flavor can soak in over night!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn how to deep fry a injected turkey in peanut oil.

Boomer....who sez you'll never go back to roasted turkey once ya eat deep fried.

I love deep fried turkey and we do some throughout the year. I just get nervous with so many kids running around that one of them will end up getting burned somehow. Plus we have some family members coming that are highly allergic to peanut oil so we would definetely not be using the peanut oil!

I love deep fried turkey and we do some throughout the year. I just get nervous with so many kids running around that one of them will end up getting burned somehow. Plus we have some family members coming that are highly allergic to peanut oil so we would definetely not be using the peanut oil!

That's not the case here thankfully. The grandkids have been taught to stay clear of the deep fryer or else PaPa will paddle their behinds! :whistling:

On Black Friday I go to the local Supermarket and load up on frozen turkeys that sell for half price. I deep fry turkeys all year long here so having 15 of em in the freezer works well for us.