IGNORED

Lookin' for opinions on a camera

uncledj

I wanna rig up a camera on an extendable arm with a remote trigger on it so I can stick it out away from the bike and take pics of Tip and I as we are cruising thru the mountains.. I tried it once out west with some duc tape and stick but found out that the arm has to be easily retractable or it bothers cagers passing by in the other lane... I also have to work on a remote trigger as the 10 second timer on my Nikon doesnt really give ya a lot of time to get the camera out to take a picture...

Puc, go pro has accessories for extended arms and such...

I have the Contour one and it is not a bad camera. Sound sucks on it, but for motorcycle riding all you would get is wind noise anyway. Battery life is abour 3.5 hours. They are easy to mount on helmets. They have a model that includes GPS tracking, but it is expensive and requires an additional waterproof case which the basic unit does not require. Contour went out of business last year, but came back under new ownership this spring. Apparently new models are coming, but have not seen them yet.

I have a Contour as well and really enjoy it. Takes a good quality video.

I really like my go pro.........works just fine for me and yes you can take pics. With mine you can set it to take pics at the push of a button or set it to push the button once and it takes pics at preset intervals which you can choose how often. It also take HD video. It is water proof with the correct housing(mine came with both). Only thing I dont like is the fact that you can see what you are videoing or shooting but they have now developed and small screen for remedy that that plugs into the back of the go pro.

Point and shoots have their upsides also and like stated before can be mounted on the handlebars or where ever your imagination take you. but these are either one pic at a time or video.Only real downfall for me.

I have a little, el-cheaplo go-pro knock off ($49) that I have mounted to a 1/4" bolt I have clamped to my bars. Sits right next to the front brake master cylinder. Only 720p resolution but a mighty result for what it does. I power it straight off the 12v power outlet with the mini-USB lead. I have as 32GB mini-SD card in it. It's in no way a Go-Pro but it works well. Vibration is not a problem. Switches itself on with the ignition, and off again when I power off.

It captures the very edge if the windscreen at left of shot which is good as it gives 'depth' to the footage.

These things are getting cheaper every day, and soon a 1080HD will be the norm for about $100. Go for it.

I have a little, el-cheaplo go-pro knock off ($49) that I have mounted to a 1/4" bolt I have clamped to my bars. Sits right next to the front brake master cylinder. Only 720p resolution but a mighty result for what it does. I power it straight off the 12v power outlet with the mini-USB lead. I have as 32GB mini-SD card in it. It's in no way a Go-Pro but it works well. Vibration is not a problem. Switches itself on with the ignition, and off again when I power off.

It captures the very edge if the windscreen at left of shot which is good as it gives 'depth' to the footage.

These things are getting cheaper every day, and soon a 1080HD will be the norm for about $100. Go for it.

​ Where'd ya get it?