IGNORED

Missouri Members

Freebird

thanks don, i live about a mile from the missouri river. no flooding in our area yet. but i think we will have a record flood again before to long. if it gets to me an allanh the whole country will have to flood. i'm several hundred feet above the river. the meramac river and small creeks are causing all the problems just south of us now. when this missouri gets ready to do it's thing it will be real close to home. we went through the flood of 93 big time. getting to old to volunteer to sandbag any more. my dad had a mobile home and my wife and i had to move it out twice in one month by ourselves back in the seventies. i'll probably go down by the river today,so i will keep you all posted on the missouri in our area. :)

Yeah you guys be careful over there. Looks dangerous.

We are having snow again tonight, the weather guys says 6 to 10" in this area. Watch out Don here it comes.

I saw on TV tonight that Madison, WI has had 92 inches snow this year and a average year they get about 45 inches.

Global warming my Axx,

Jerry

Guest Calibretto

Home town is Columbia MO, usually floods on both sides leading to KC and St. Louis :(

Luckily the folks haven't called me yet about their homes floating away. We don't need a repeat of 1993 up there.

Here on the other side of St.Louis lots of rain last 2 days .Today is sunny and 50's most of the run off has cleared here, But down towards work its looking as if its going to hit the high water mark. Local weather man said that it looks as it did in the spring of 93.

Down here in South East Missouri we got lots of rain 10.5" is what the weather man said. Levves broke in a little town south of here. got some water in my basement but not much compared to some of the others i know. My boss lives in Cape and he had 4 1/2 feet of water in his house. dont need any more rain for a while

went down by the missouri river near my house today and there is no farm land under water. the road i was on had about twelve feet or more of water over it in 93. they raised the road about 15 feet last year. highway 40 over the missouri river had about 20 feet of water over it by the missouri river bridge and looked like a giant boat ramp in 93. thats when we had the big levy break in st. louis county. :)

I am planning a ride across Mo. into Kansas,hope there will be enough roads left to ride on.I will be looking for Rt.66.You guy's take care.Jerry M
rt. 66 should be high and dry.it runs right along 44. it is not the best road,kind of in ill repair but it is neat. they are trying to save rt.66 and alot of the old builbings. bill