IGNORED

89 VR Front Brake Calipers?

I am looking to rebuild my braking system on my Venture and have a question on the caliper seals for the front brakes. The microfiche shows two different calipers seal kits for the front calipers. Part numbers 1KT-W0047-00-00 and 1NL-W0047-00-00. I did notice there is also two different part numbers for the piston so I am guessing that the pistons are different sizes and that is why there are two different seal kits. Is this correct? Thanks Rick Fink

I am looking to rebuild my braking system on my Venture and have a question on the caliper seals for the front brakes. The microfiche shows two different calipers seal kits for the front calipers. Part numbers 1KT-W0047-00-00 and 1NL-W0047-00-00. I did notice there is also two different part numbers for the piston so I am guessing that the pistons are different sizes and that is why there are two different seal kits. Is this correct? Thanks Rick Fink

Yes there are 2 different kits for the fronts

All pistons are the same size. The difference is that the 1NL first appeared on the XVZ1300DT,DS. The 1KT is for a different model that doesn't appear in my cross reference. The part number W0047-00-00 will fit either bike. Hope this helps.

I had to buy both kits for my 1990. I missed the second kit listed and bought 2 of the first. Now I devolped a seal leak in one of the calipers and finally traced it down to using the wrong kit. Ordered the second kit everything worked fine no leaks. I don't recall which kit went where.

Guest Bigin

Just spoke to Yamaha about this. It takes 2 each of both seal kits for the one single front caliper, but the rear uses 4 of the 1kt number.

Does anyone know what the enclosed packet is with the seal kit? I have one of the rear caliper seal kits already but haven't opened it yet but was wonder what the packet is used for. The service manual doesn't mention anything about it so that is why I am asking. I am thinking maybe a lubricate for the seals but I was just planning on using brake fluid to do that when I assembled them. Thanks, Rick F.

Does anyone know what the enclosed packet is with the seal kit? I have one of the rear caliper seal kits already but haven't opened it yet but was wonder what the packet is used for. The service manual doesn't mention anything about it so that is why I am asking. I am thinking maybe a lubricate for the seals but I was just planning on using brake fluid to do that when I assembled them. Thanks, Rick F.

Yep, it's to spread between the pistons and the pads to eliminate any squeeling....