IGNORED

Who was it that called me about his gas cap?

Eck

So sorry, but I forgot who it was who called me yesterday, about his gas cap that is stuck on his bike and he can not get it off with the key?

After speaking to you about your problem and how the gas cap comes apart, I recommended that you call Muffinman, for he may have a better idea on how to get your gas cap off. Then, after I hung up I could not remember your name??

Just wondering if you were able to get ahold of Muffinman, was he able to help you, and did you get your gas cap off yet?

Checking up on you...(whoever you are..ha):whistling:

So sorry, but I forgot who it was who called me yesterday, about his gas cap that is stuck on his bike and he can not get it off with the key?

After speaking to you about your problem and how the gas cap comes apart, I recommended that you call Muffinman, for he may have a better idea on how to get your gas cap off. Then, after I hung up I could not remember your name??

Just wondering if you were able to get ahold of Muffinman, was he able to help you, and did you get your gas cap off yet?

Checking up on you...(whoever you are..ha):whistling:

Eck I'm not the one that called but I would love to know how the cap comes apart as mine is very sticky.

Dang, I thought it was you Troy, but I could not remember to be sure.

Did you get the cap off the tank yet?

You can not take it apart until it is off the tank....

Once off the tank you will need to remove the two Phillip screws on bottom side of cap and then it comes apart.

Anybody have an idea on how to remove the gas cap from the tank. The key goes in to the cap, the key turns in the cap, but the locking mechanism in the cap will not turn to unlock, the cap and he can not get his cap off the tank.. ??? :think:...:confused24:

Looking for ideas.............

Dang, I thought it was you Troy, but I could not remember to be sure.

Did you get the cap off the tank yet?

You can not take it apart until it is off the tank....

Once off the tank you will need to remove the two Phillip screws on bottom side of cap and then it comes apart.

Anybody have an idea on how to remove the gas cap from the tank. The key goes in to the cap, the key turns in the cap, but the locking mechanism in the cap will not turn to unlock, the cap and he can not get his cap off the tank.. ??? :think:...:confused24:

Looking for ideas.............

Could try to pour a bit of graphite in the keyhole and see if it lubricates the mechanism. It is usually available at hardware stores in small containers. Common practice for locksmiths.

Also, key may be worn down, any spare key's that could be tried?

:canada:

Don't know if this will help anyone....but Yamaha gas caps that are held together by two screws have a habit of getting out of alignment internally. Making it harder to take off. Also, if the screws get loose, they fall out into the tank with associated problems there.

Best bet is everyone should loosen their screws (on the cap, ok?), and make sure the key works easily. Then put some locktite on the screw and snug them up. If adventurous, take cap apart and clean....

Preventive medicine......

Got this from my days with the 650 Classic...very common problem with them. 1100's had same type cap...like ours.

it wasn't me but the cap on my Road Star wouldn't come off. It was right after I bought it and I had filled it once. When I filled it - the cap was hard to put on so it was impossible to get off. One side would come loose but the other wouldn't. So, I carefully pried it off. Then I discovered the cap arrow was backwards... he previous owner must have had the cap apart and put it together backwards!!! UGH!!!