IGNORED

Got bored did a compression test. Results.

Well I got bored and did a compression check on my 99 RSV. Here are the results using my analog gauge

Cylinder#1 200-202 psi.

Cylinder#2 200-202 psi.

Cylinder#3 205psi.

Cylinder#4 210psi

Bike was luke warm idled about 3-5 minutes.

Thoughts and concerns welcomed! They are all well within the spec. Only concern is the one at 210 and rest were around 200-205.

• 1 year later...

Yeah I was surprised how high they were. Been working on a 99 with 11,800 on the clock while I had the cabs on the bench I checked the plugs and figured might as well check compression too, all 4 were over 200. seems good to me! The carb sync was a worthwhile project saw one butterfly was visually out of range set it by eye on the bench then sued my gauge only took a light tweak to match the left and right sides, done. still have the idle screws at an arbitrary two turns out. will have to do those soon also.

Yeah I was surprised how high they were. Been working on a 99 with 11,800 on the clock. While I had the cabs on the bench I checked the plugs and figured might as well check compression too, all 4 were over 200, seems good to me!

The carb sync was a worthwhile project, saw one butterfly was visually out of range, set it by eye on the bench then used my gauge, only took a light tweak to match the left and right sides, done. Still have the idle screws at an arbitrary two turns out. will have to do those one day also.