IGNORED

Running Poorly

jneed53

First, I must say I have not been on here much in the last few years. I had a lot going on. Anyway, I was in Vegas for a year and a half and have moved back to the Austin area in Texas.

My problem is that the bike basically sat in a garage for over a year. I had someone bring it to me. It acts like it's starving for fuel from an idle. Once it gets rolling it's OK. Is there someone around Austin that can help me balance the carbs and whatever else it may need? It backfires a bit when the throttle is backed off. Never did either of those things before. I have Seafoam in the tank and that seems to have helped a little. Thanks in advance.

You might think about coming over to Squidley's Maintenance day this Saturday in Cleveland TX, a little NE of Houston. Should be nice weekend for a ride. Here is a link to the invite. Also look at the calendar for this weekend and sign up.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=88322

If you plan to pull and clean the carbs you might think about going over Friday evening so you have all day Saturday. If nothing else put about a half can of Seafoam per tank and run the beast over to Cleveland for a nice ride, weathers should be great.

Bring some new spark plugs too, some times the junk coming out of the carbs deposits on the plugs.

THis is a great way to meet other venture and bike riders and get alittle help and a great amount of Knowledge. The lunch fix'n is good to.

Hope to see you there.

You might think about coming over to Squidley's Maintenance day this Saturday in Cleveland TX, a little NE of Houston. Should be nice weekend for a ride. Here is a link to the invite. Also look at the calendar for this weekend and sign up.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=88322

If you plan to pull and clean the carbs you might think about going over Friday evening so you have all day Saturday. If nothing else put about a half can of Seafoam per tank and run the beast over to Cleveland for a nice ride, weathers should be great.

Bring some new spark plugs too, some times the junk coming out of the carbs deposits on the plugs.

THis is a great way to meet other venture and bike riders and get alittle help and a great amount of Knowledge. The lunch fix'n is good to.

Hope to see you there.

Tell you one thing,, if there were any way I could pull that off,,,,,,, I would put a set of dirty plugs in my bike just to have an excuse to go to Squids and tweek on it :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Thems some fine Texans down there in Cleveland,,, mighty fine Texans indeed!! If at all possible, ya oughta listen to that advice JNeed!! Take yourself a little hand cleaner too,,, ya get around that bunch your hands is gonna get dirty!!!:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

Thanks, but I can't make it this weekend. Have company coming. I hadn't planned to leave the bike there for more than a month. Just never worked out where I could go and get it. I'll just see how it behaves over the next week or so.

When I got my 01, it had been sitting for 3 years, and would not run without the choke pulled all the way out. It did not matter how warm it was. I pulled the tank, pulled the air box, and put 1/2 of a large can of spray carb cleaner to work.

they went from black and nasty to shiny and clean. the left side was so bad, you could not see the idle jets.

so I suggest carb cleaner and air compressor.

my 01 runs like a fat kid towards a buffet.