IGNORED

2014 Barbers Vintage Festival report

Venture n Dixie

http://www.barbervintagefestival.org/

Just got back from 8 Hours & I'm one whipped puppy! Feel like I've been through the buffet line 4 times too many & I didn't see everything.This is the 1st time I've been to a car/bike weekend & come home feeling like the old man I've become. Freebirds post about weight/diet hit me square in the face. On a serious note... I think someone is counterfeiting Nortons. No way they built as many as I saw today! Lots of off the wall stuff and some good racing too. (Track & trails) Missed 2 sections of the park, 1/4 of the swap meet & only went to the basement of the museum which was a first for me. They fired up the Harley Screamin Eagle drag bike & a few hundred people came to the balcony rails to look down & see if Armageddon was here. Phone battery was way dead by then so no pics of that one. Will post what I got after I come out of my coma. Didn't see ANY 1st gens and only a handful of 2nd gens but like I say, impossible to eat the entire buffet though I do try. Someone please direct me to the post about how to post pics in a post, a bunch of pics to ??? , etc. Got the 1st one to my album but don't see a way to link it to this post. Puc... plenty of rat rods you'd appreciate & all you Ural lovers would have been right at home, old & new. Oh yeah I ran in to this real nice guy, Erik. Class act! Dad and Erik Buell pCagpa

That is a great show! I did it last year, went over Thursday and stayed for the weekend. No way to do it in 8 hrs. Hell, we rushed through the museum and that took 3 hrs! Did you make it downstairs to the restoration area? That is the only time of the year that it is open to the public.

I had planned to go this year, but I'm in Memphis for three weeks of FedEx training. A little too far for a day and a half.

http://www.barbervintagefestival.org/

Just got back from 8 Hours & I'm one whipped puppy! Feel like I've been through the buffet line 4 times too many & I didn't see everything.This is the 1st time I've been to a car/bike weekend & come home feeling like the old man I've become. Freebirds post about weight/diet hit me square in the face. On a serious note... I think someone is counterfeiting Nortons. No way they built as many as I saw today! Lots of off the wall stuff and some good racing too. (Track & trails) Missed 2 sections of the park, 1/4 of the swap meet & only went to the basement of the museum which was a first for me. They fired up the Harley Screamin Eagle drag bike & a few hundred people came to the balcony rails to look down & see if Armageddon was here. Phone battery was way dead by then so no pics of that one. Will post what I got after I come out of my coma. Didn't see ANY 1st gens and only a handful of 2nd gens but like I say, impossible to eat the entire buffet though I do try. Someone please direct me to the post about how to post pics in a post, a bunch of pics to ??? , etc. Got the 1st one to my album but don't see a way to link it to this post. Puc... plenty of rat rods you'd appreciate & all you Ural lovers would have been right at home, old & new. Oh yeah I ran in to this real nice guy, Erik. Class act! Dad and Erik Buell pCagpa

:crying::95::bawling:I WANT TO SEE RAT RODS AND HANG OUT WITH ERIK BUELL!!!

WOW V n D,, THAT looks like quite a show!! :bawling:I really want to meet Erik Buell,,, THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!!

Guess we are square now on me costing to you that 18 bucks earlier,,,,, paid with my misery:stickinouttounge:

About the pics,, go back to your original post here, click edit, click "advanced" under the copy (going from memory here), click on "manage attachments", click first box on "browse", find the pic you want from your pics library, click on it and you will automatically go back to the "browse" box selection, click on next "browse" box for next pic.. when you have all the pics listed in the browse boxes, click on "upload".. As the pics finish uploading you will notice the pics names appear below the browse boxes in blue color text.. Now look at the top right corner of the box where the browse buttons are - click on (close window).. You will now be back at the edit of your post and the blue text names of the pics should appear.. click "save" found under the text pic names...

You could also just start a new post (like I am doing right now), scroll down just under the smiley icons, click on the "manage attachments" icon, then do the browse clicking as mentioned earlier..

All the problems I have EVER had with posting pics here have been due to trying to upload to big of pics.. Size to 480x640 (think thats right) and they work great!!

For vids,, I post em on Youtube then copy/paste from the URL of the working vid on youtube into this area that I am writing in right now.. Fairly easy to do...

Does that make sense?

Hope this helps cause I am DIEING to see some pics and vids:fingers-crossed-emo

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1311

Put a few in my album. Since it's non Venture related I didn't load many.

I thought I remembered a sticky about whats ok to upload & what needs to be stored offsite but can't find it. Have already resized. Feel like a dummy.

the picture of the SR400in front of the tent... that's who I work for :whistling: