IGNORED

Bub Slip-ons

debelt

I like my bubs when i first got them. nice rumble but could still here my radio. they do get louder with time. had mine about a year and wish they were a little quieter. anyone tried to pack them?

thanks

Jim

The website venturers.org has a step by step do it yourself method for re-packing the Bub mufflers in their tech section. Sorry don't have the link.

Thanks guys. After talking to a few people, I guess the consensus is that you need do nothing if changing only the mufflers. However, if you change both the header pipes and mufflers, you could have some issues, especially with a fuel injected bike.

Oh boy, I'm answering my own threads now.

I like my bubs when i first got them. nice rumble but could still here my radio. they do get louder with time. had mine about a year and wish they were a little quieter. anyone tried to pack them?

thanks

Jim

I've got about 30K miles on my Bubs, and have repacked them twice. The first time I just used fiberglass insulation. It didn't seem to last very long. This time I bought mufler packing from the Yamaha dealer. It seems to quieten them done a little, but when you get on it they still talk to you. On a side note- while I had the baffles out, I couldn't resist cranking the bike. Talk about loud pipes. It sounded just like a V8 with the headers open. My wife said she could hear me inside the house, and I was probably 3/4 mile away. Needless to say the baffles went back in, and now everyone is happy.

• 1 month later...

That's a great offer TT the real packing is expensive, should none of the regulars take you up on your offer I will.

A tip for someone repacking for the first time is to use masking tape around the circumference makes getting it in much easier:no-no-no:

John:detective:

That's a great offer TT the real packing is expensive, should none of the regulars take you up on your offer I will.

A tip for someone repacking for the first time is to use masking tape around the circumference makes getting it in much easier:no-no-no:

John:detective:

Send your address and I will get it out to you.