IGNORED

Sad & happy day

Carbon_One

As some here have known for a while I had for sale / have sold my trike. Well this morning my beloved trike left my driveway for the last time and is headed south to S.C. Hated to see it go but there's just no room in the garage for two trikes nor justification money wise for two trikes. I do feel that the new owner, who'll remain nameless for now, (I'll let him post up when he gets home) will take good care of the bike. He was very happy and more than pleased to get this bike. :)

For now I still have the 83 Standard to ride so I'm not totally bike less. I do have another trike on order and hopefully have it sometime next month. A Polaris Slingshot.

Nope I won't even think of leaving this great site as I have way too many friends here. So you're all stuck with me. :rasberry: I'll continue to contribute with info, help, and products for these great bikes too.

Larry

Awe,, yep Larry,, that picture is really hard to look at,, whoever that is riding off on your trike sure got one gorgeous bike my friend!! I wish him nothing but the best and many many miles of pure fun - he sure picked a beauty!! Cant wait to hear from him and hopefully he is the type of person who will keep us up to date on his journeys..

Now, about your future purchase.. I CAN NOT WAIT TO READ REPORTS OF YOU FOLKS RIDING YOUR NEW SLINGSHOT!! I was at a buddys house last night, he pulled out a recent copy of Cycle World that had the Slingshot in it.. I was telling him about your endeavor and choosing the Slingshot.. We were talking about the difference between the Slingshot and other trikes and he hit on something that, for some reason, never occurred to me.. He pointed out what he perceived as the advantages of sitting side by side..

We chatted for quite a while about those advantages.. After discussing some of the experiences the passenger would have by being "up front", it occurred to me how many times in our cross country touring I had looked in the mirror to try and get a glimpse of Tippy's smiling face... I told my buddy that I could see where just being able to see Tip sitting there beside me would be a HUGE advantage!!

Anyway,, I wish you folks nothing but pure happiness in your move to a Slingshot.. I gotta hunch you two are in for some real special times and I cannot wait to hear about them!!:fingers-crossed-emo

Puc

Larry had the best trike and it was such a beautiful ride from Michigan to SC. The first day I rode mostly interstate to Knoxville, TN and spent the night with some friends. After they spent the night drooling on it, I washed the trike and headed to Columbia, SC through a few backroads. The trike was flawless and a pleasure to ride. I have put over 50,000 on my '09 RSV and Larry's bike is going to have similar mileage in a few years. My wife and I will be taking longer trips on it and I plan to have it for all the parades we go to. Thank you Larry and enjoy that Slingshot.

Sure don't feel stuck with you Larry. Rather, feel honored that you will be staying around and active. . Hope and expect the Slingshot will put new smiles in your belly and Joyce will enjoy it as much as her beautiful sports car. Nevertheless, I can understand some sad emotions as your Venture trike departs to it's new home.