IGNORED

Tires- No Debate!! Just a poll that's all.

Ok- just put on the new rubber on 2007 RS Venture.

Got 14,000 on front Metz 880 and wasn't at wear bars - probably 2000 miles left on it.

Shinko was at wearbars after 5000 miles.

Now metx 880 on front ( narrow) and Dunlop E3 on the rear. Felt nice riding home about 10 miles on the freeway.

Tire guy recommends 36 front Metz and 38 rear E3. I ruin 38 on the front with great success but no experience with E3 rear.

What do you E3 fans recommend for tire pressure on the rear.

Thx

VentureFar...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I run 40 psi in my rear E3 always, any more and it feels too twitchy. Dunlop recommends 40 psi on the E3 on the rear of the RSV, I have played with pressures a little up and down from 40 but the tire performs excellent at 40. The last E3 I had on lasted 15,000 miles but most of those miles were 2up and 50% of the time pulling a trailer. The only thing I don't like about the rear E3 is that when it starts to wear it starts getting noisy.

Yea the E3 when it wears seems to get a "chop" pattern in outside edge. Sort of feathered look. My biggest complaint on E3 was no cross over of tread in center, so when it gets wet no place for water to go and tire wants to hydroplane.

Have you ridden in the rain at 40psi? Any issue with hydroplane ?

thx

venturefar...

I run 40 psi in my rear E3 always, any more and it feels too twitchy. Dunlop recommends 40 psi on the E3 on the rear of the RSV, I have played with pressures a little up and down from 40 but the tire performs excellent at 40. The last E3 I had on lasted 15,000 miles but most of those miles were 2up and 50% of the time pulling a trailer. The only thing I don't like about the rear E3 is that when it starts to wear it starts getting noisy.

I have been caught in the rain with the E3's, everything from a light drizzle to hard rains and I've never had a hydroplane issue yet. But to be fair, I always slow down and take it easier when the road is wet, always!