IGNORED

Where is that fuse????

calperin

On a 2001 Venture RS, did somebody knows where is the fuse connected to the switch of the passing lamps?

Yesterday I noticed that after my ride comming back home from the office my passing lamps where off.

I cannot find the diagram on the Maintenance book.

And before to start taking the fairing off, I 'm trying to be sure is not on inside of the side covers...

Thanks in advance...

:mytruck1:

1rooster,

No, the switch is inside the internal fairing close to the lightning socket, on the left side.

That is why I assumed the fuse should show up following that switch. Or in the worst case, I can follow the +12V from it following the cables connected to the switch.

I don't know if there is a relay connected to it.

That could be the other reason: defective relay or with the vibration got loose...

If none of those are the cases, then I need to go back to the fuse, if I don't have voltage on the line.

Thanks,

:sick::sick::sick::sick:

:detective::detective::detective::detective:

A fuse is often added between the switch and the headlamp wiring under the fairing. But not always. Since the passing lights are added after purchase they are not in the service manual wiring diagrams. Each owner installer could wire them in slightly different. IE; some installers used a relay some did not.

Mike

"Recommended" wiring is fused power from the battery to a relay, which is controlled by the ignition switched connection. Power out from the relay goes to the switch and then to the passing lights.

Slight variation would be fused power to the switch and then to the relay.

The fuse is somewhere between the battery and passing lights.... you'll have to trace it. Start under the seat because most people would put the fuse there for easy access to replace it. Easier there than inside the fairing.

"Recommended" wiring is fused power from the battery to a relay, which is controlled by the ignition switched connection. Power out from the relay goes to the switch and then to the passing lights.

Slight variation would be fused power to the switch and then to the relay.

The fuse is somewhere between the battery and passing lights.... you'll have to trace it. Start under the seat because most people would put the fuse there for easy access to replace it. Easier there than inside the fairing.

I agree that is recommended but not by Yamaha. The install wiring diagram does not include a relay. The install instruction takes power from one of the headlamp wires. That said mine is wired with a relay.

Mike

Typical installation puts a glass fuse under the fairing by where the switch is located. Left side under fairing as your sitting on it. Chances are the fuse will look like this one. Which is why mine has a relay on it.