IGNORED

Rivco Centre stand

darthandy

Dropped by Baldwin's Cycle in Dunnville today to check out a used Suzuki Vstrom 1000 and noticed that they had a Rivco centre stand for the Venture hanging on the "Accessories" wall. Parts guy said it was the last one they had. Price was $399.99 just in case someone in the area is interested.

Andy

Dropped by Baldwin's Cycle in Dunnville today to check out a used Suzuki Vstrom 1000 and noticed that they had a Rivco centre stand for the Venture hanging on the "Accessories" wall. Parts guy said it was the last one they had. Price was $399.99 just in case someone in the area is interested.

Andy

I'd mention that the RSV has been discontinued and it'll hang there forever.. :whistling: And out of the kindness of your heart you'll give them $300 out the door. :big-grin-emoticon:

Rivco just made a run of 20 +/- RSV stands for the same price.

I'd mention that the RSV has been discontinued and it'll hang there forever.. :whistling: And out of the kindness of your heart you'll give them $300 out the door. :big-grin-emoticon:

Rivco just made a run of 20 +/- RSV stands for the same price.

Well, I'm really not interested as I am getting rid of my Venture but if someone wants to give it a try, they can go ahead. I suspect I know what the owner will say. :rotf:

Andy

Well, I'm really not interested as I am getting rid of my Venture but if someone wants to give it a try, they can go ahead. I suspect I know what the owner will say. :rotf:

Andy

So, since you are getting rid of the Venture, are you getting a Vstrom?

So, since you are getting rid of the Venture, are you getting a Vstrom?

Yes, I think so. I took out a 1000 the other day and it was a very interesting bike. Nice seating position, good acceleration and handles well. I like my Venture, but my wife can no longer ride (Inner ear disease) and the Venture's weight and top heaviness gets to me more these days - I'm not exactly a kid anymore and was never particularly strong. It was nice for those long two up trips but now it's going to be mostly shorter one up's with the occasional longer voyage. The Vstrom has bags and a trunk and decent wind protection. I enjoyed my ride on it and feel it's the way to go for me. I'll just need to drop it about an inch as I'm on my toes with it, but fortunately, that's an easy job on this bike. The bolts for the fork trees are all easily accessible without removing the fairing and the rear shock links are also easy to get to and in fact look almost identical to those on the Venture. I even found a couple of suppliers who have links whose length can be adjusted with a wrench without removing them from the bike. Not sure if that would work out on something as heavy as the Venture but should work well on a Vstrom.

Here's a link to the company's web site: http://soupysperformance.com/

Andy

I did something similar - kept my Venture and got a 2006 Vstrom 650. Wife and I still using Venture for "our" trips but when I go by myself, 9 out of 10 times I will take the Vstrom. She won't ride with me on a Vstrom complaining that I'm "sitting in her lap". Well, you can easily get spoiled on a Venture...

It is a fun bike, light, nimble, easy to lean in a curve, comfortable enough, plenty of acceleration (for an old guy, at least).... I like it a lot. Of course, like with any other bike, I had to "adjust" it to fit me better. I have the opposite problem (6'3", around 250lb) so I put handlebar risers, lowered my pegs by 1,5", Sargent seat, bigger windshield with Madstad bracket,... Fits much better. For performance - Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires, Sonic Springs, fork brace, tighten the springs and rear shock. Completely different bike, hugging curves with no problem (used on the track for the riding class with California Superbike School with no problem). For comfort - backrest (a must for riders with back problems), heated grips, Givi trunk with light, tank bag, gps with power socket,... combined with engine guard, rear sliders (just in case), center stand, skidplate, wider kickstand plate. Coming soon - additional led lights front and back, Wolo horn, power shelf,... You can play with that thing and add a ton of stuff. Great support online, a bunch of manufacturers for after market farkles (both big and small).

At the demo rides I rode a 2014 Vstrom 1000 and it was a very nice bike, a lot of power and torque. Buying an used one (and for a good price) left me with some money for all the farkles. And trust me, you'll want them all hahaha

Enjoy your new adventures!...

file:///C:/Users/coptshop/Downloads/IMG_1826.JPG

Edited by Tisunac