IGNORED

Fire in the June Rally West Area

vicco27

For those of you who attended the Rally West in The Dalles, you might be interested in learning that there's a major wildfire burning along Hwy. 30 west of The Dalles near the small community of Rowena. That's the highway and area where many of you made rides. At this time over 200 households have been evacuated and flames of the fire are visible in The Dalles. Hwy. 30 is closed, due to the fire, from Rowena Crest Viewpoint to the west and the Country Club to the east. The following link to a local television station website will give you more information.

http://koin.com/2014/08/06/growing-wildfire-forcing-gorge-evacuations/

Keep the shiny side up.

Oh my gosh,, THAT is horrible! My heart goes out to all those great people living out there.. And to think just a very short time ago we were riding those exact spots,,, just hard to believe!!

Prayers Up for all those involved and for their homes!! Hopefully some of that Portland sea fog will come along and douse that puppy ASAP!!

Ditto what Puc wrote. It is always more personal when you know someone or know the area. Strange that we hear about issues in "far off places" that go in one ear and out the other, then we meet someone whose son, daughter, loved one is in the middle of that issue and it gains personal meaning to us and goes to a personal spot in our heart.

VentureFar... and safely

That is really sad to hear. We currently have 72 forest fires in B.C. of 24 acres or more and 12 of them have evacuation orders for residents. One is getting close to my cousins house in Kelowna. Long hot summer.

Like has been said... heart goes out to the town. They are good people there... they made all of us feel very wanted and at home in their town.

I will keep looking for updates and possibly charitable assistance to the town if it gets too close.

http://koin.com/2014/08/07/wildfire-balloons-to-1900-acres-600-homes-threatened/