IGNORED

1stGen VR Accessories

bart1963

Does anyone have a place out there that they have found that is a good source for accessories for the 1st Gen's? Seems lately that all the places I've looked at when they say they've got 1st Gen equipment, it's really that it's meant for the 2nd Gens. Chrome, comfort accessories,etc, is what I'm looking for. Just wondering, maybe I just haven't looked hard enough yet. Thanks, Brett

If you find a place that carries 1st gen accessories, you better also buy a lottery ticket cause you be one lucky sob...

It's hard enough to find new stock parts. All of my accessories have been used, from members selling their old parts to craigslist finds. I found a cheap parts bike on cl that had a ton of add-ons that I put on my bike. So I can't help with your request other than to search ebay and craigslist, with an eye on the classified here.

-Andrew

Does anyone have a place out there that they have found that is a good source for accessories for the 1st Gen's? Seems lately that all the places I've looked at when they say they've got 1st Gen equipment, it's really that it's meant for the 2nd Gens. Chrome, comfort accessories,etc, is what I'm looking for. Just wondering, maybe I just haven't looked hard enough yet. Thanks, Brett

Brett, as I've mentioned before: eBay is your friend. In fact, aside from your 'network' here, eBay is going to be pretty much your ONLY source for accessories for the First Gen.

The quest for Venture accessories is an activity unto it's own.

Learn to develop and massage, effective and pertinent eBay searches and then be prepared to PAY for some of the rare NOS accessories or rejoice when you find that 'rare as hen's teeth' accessory with a 'Buy It Now' price of $10. (It has happened.)

An analogy to the 'motorcycle touring is about the journey, not the destination' premise: 'the quest is as much fun as the acquisition and installation' of First Gen accessories.

Here is something to whet your appetite:

attachment.php?attachmentid=86148&stc=1&d=1407180185

attachment.php?attachmentid=86149&stc=1&d=1407180179

Andrew it is too big for my email server or a PM, so here is a link to the file on my Google Drive, (two pages)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwLuLxb8qHwMTUxVU1ZGdXIzM0E/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwLuLxb8qHwMX0I1MXdnM3IxckU/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if you (or anyone else with the link) can download it.

Thanks Kevin, got them saved. They're a little blurry zoomed in, but I can for the most part make out all the words. I'm always looking at craigslist, and seeing some of the aftermarket stuff on the bikes for sale I always wonder what was Venture specific. Some of that stuff is pretty cool. To have a time machine and stock up on all those goodies...

-Andrew