IGNORED

Just a little heads up

Condor

Back on 3/4 I picked up a 1srtGen dash panel from a guy on Ebay. VTCustoms/Anthony Alfieri . The dash was discribed as in 'good condition with 14K on the Odo. Here's a copy of an email I sent to the seller after it arrived. The email bounced, and it's the same address that shows in the paypal details for the transaction.

Tony, Just wanted to let you know the dash panal arrived OK, however it wasn't anywhere near your discription of 'good condition' that one would have suspected from a bike with only 14K miles on the ODO. One of the mounting posts on back of the shell was broken off and missing and should have been very easily noticed when you removed it from the bike. Probably damaged in the accident. Lots of rust on the electrical connections. Someone was also inside the housing, as a large piece of speedo back light plastic was broken off, and there's no way that broken piece could have gotten out. There was also electricians tape and caulk/sealer in a couple of places on the inside. Bottom line is the dash was not in any condition to be of use as a complete unit. So.... disappointed? Yes, but I'll go ahead and keep the dash and chalk it up to experience. I've owned and worked on over 5 Ventures, and will just rendeer the dash down into parts for the shelf, and toss the broken and rusted stuff. I suggest in the future you be a bit more up front with your discriptions and with the pictures you take.

So, I'd suggest that if any member of this board is considering bidding on an auction by VTCustoms to be very carefull. I'm going to resend this email via Ebay and see if it goes through.

I've bought a lot of stuff off Ebay and this is the first time I haven't received what I expected......

Just an addition. I fianlly did get a response from the seller via my Ebay message board with his apologies and an offer to return for a refund, but by then I had already taken it apart and bagged it. His email address is still not functioning.