IGNORED

click click click

I got a nasty clicking coming from my back wheel area. Clicks and swooshes. It speeds up as I speed up and visa versa. Even in neutral when I push it back and forth it clicks. Getting worse rapidly. Rear drive gear maybe or splines need grease? Please help.

Did you just have the rear wheel off, by any chance? If so, loosen the 4 nuts that attach the shaft housing to the rear hub. Then, roll the bike around, or ride it slowly, to allow it to get any binding out of it. Then, tighten the nuts back up.

Hope that works. Had that happen to me a couple times.

Maybe raise rear wheel off ground......rotate tire by handle to locate noise.

Unbolt caliper and lift off rotor and rotate wheel again to ensure the caliper isn't the issue.

Inspect pads for wear of course while you have it off.

Hello Helmet: I am so honored that you took my advice and became a trial member. Impressed you posted so quickly. I can see that you are receiving helpful suggestions from several of the other members. Did your new to you 06 RSTD make those sounds before you added the lowering kit? Welcome aboard!!!

Good idea on removing the brake caliper and rotate wheel and start from there. Next I would check the brake pads. If you had them out or not. I know the RSV is terrible about uneven wear. Most of us run about 5k or so and then swap the inside to the outside pads. Loosely install the caliper (set it on with bolts in place but not tight) rotate and see if there is some interference or movement.

Hey y'all. Took it all apart today, a friend stopped over and wanted to hear the noise so I put it all back together and the noise was gone. Thinking my caliper or pads were just lined up a hair off or something? All better now. For the time being anyways.

A couple years ago I put new sintered HH pads on mine as the others were GONE. first ride I took I heard kind of a buzz sound when using brakes. So I cam home and took all apart thinking I got something wrong. Put back together, same thing. for whatever reason these pads pick up the air holes or something in the rotor. I'm kind of use to it now.