IGNORED

Need Help Bike Won't Run Straight

DMW

2003 RSV, Having problem of bike not staying on track. Seems to run right, I correct runs left etc... Noticed front and rear tire scalloping, replaced tires this week, still same problem. Checked all wheel bearing. I have worn out 2 sets of E3 with no problem, till now. Can not recall hitting any bad holes in the road.

Today I decided to try with no air in front forks, even 2.5lbs in both forks, when I let out air some oil came out.

Could this be my problem? :confused24:

VisitedStatesMap.jpg

I would start by putting the bike on a jack and checking the steering head bearings for play, check the rear swing arm for play, basically check all bearings and suspension components for excessive wear or play. Including rear and front shocks. if you have to take the front wheel off and check shocks individually than do it.

kickshot

I agree with the steering head bearings being the problem. Could be too tight or they could be worn out. You didn't say how many miles on on the bike but Yamaha did a poor job greasing the bearings on some of these bikes. It has caused premature wear on the bearings. If you have over 50,000 miles on it and have never serviced/greased the bearings, they could be shot.

The only reason for tires to start cupping is low tire pressure. I'd check and make sure you've got the pressure up to sidewall specs. Then if that doesn't cure your problem, like others have suggested, start looking at the steering head bearings....

Edited by Condor

Thanks to all :)

I have 69,000 miles on bike, and head bearing were removed and relubed around 26,000.

I have checked Head bearing and adjusted per process I found on here.

Will be later this week to try inspecting shocks. I did do a short ride today with no air in front shocks, may have been a small change, but we are having some fairly gusty wind today, won,t judge till I can ride further.

Any body else that has and idea, chime in please.

Again Thanks to All, will post when I find it.