IGNORED

Tighten up zee mirror...

Stock mirror. Need to tighten up the right one. I position it, but the ultra high speed of these 1st generation VR's pushes the mirror back toward me....:whistling:

I took mirror off but must have missed something...don't see any way to tighten up the innards!

Some only have a screw behind the mirror...hope yours doesn't! :fingers-crossed-emo

I never had to try it but I read some where that if you just have the screw from behind the glass (all you see from the bottom is the threaded end of the screw) you can use a Dremel to grind a slot in the end of the screw to be able to use a flat screwdriver to tighten up the screw.

AHA! Looks like a screw...small guy. Ok will try a Dremel and cut the slot and see if that allows me to tighten it up. Wondering if those nuts on your screws are what is keeping your mirror from getting loose...?

Another job for tomorrow!

Thanks...

Took a dremel to the screw end..cut out a nice slot. Had to shape a cutoff wheel small enough to get in there.

Even using a 90 degree flat screwdriver, I wasn't able to budge the screw. Started to bung up the screw...guess it's pretty soft.

Quit while ahead.

May have to find some way to remove mirror (don't want to break it!).

Or simply put some epoxy around the adjustable joint. Thin coat will retard movement but I could easily break it off by a little bit of force. Epoxy by itself isn't that strong...

I'll see if I was able to get it better or worse whenever I next ride.

Oil change now...have two "O" rings...book shows one. Where does the little one go???

:confused24: