IGNORED

TCI box relocate ???

I'll be darned...... the relocated TCI box (TABS REMOVED) to top of the air filter box rubs the underside of the cover on my '88VR. Didn't do that on my previous '83. What to do to prevent contact rubbing............. other than relocate it inside the left fairing with the radio system?

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Edited by Peder_y2k
ADDED NOTE

My 2¢ on TCI location......

I removed both tabs on my TCI and relocated it into the left fairing with the radio. The stock TCI wires reached with no problem.

I do not know if there is room in there with the stock radio that is on a Venture Royal. Mine is an '88 Venture Standard with an automotive radio (much smaller than stock) installed an the left side.

The TCI does not need any "regular" maintenance. In the faring it is out of sight and out of the way. On top of the air cleaner it is in the way for normal maintenance like checking/replacing the air cleaner.

The TCI "box" has vents through which water vapors can enter and cause driveability problems, like stalling in the middle of a busy intersection. On top of the airbox is a traditional relocate point as it is warm and dry there and not subject to water spray from the road.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA