IGNORED

Trike Saga After-glow

Condor

One of the things I did notice is that the ground clearance is really low and the mount will scrape once in a while. Also the steering is OK when on the straightaway, and in mild turns, but any aggressive maneuvering, and it's a chore holding the bars where I want them. Now I'm curious.. IF I put a set of load levelers on that will raise the height about an inch, and as reported make low speed steering better, work?? Any opinions...

You need to change the rake of the front end to make steering easier, but then your bike will no longer be standard.

I don't really want to change the rake, just looking for a little improvement. The RSV comes from the factory 1" lower in the rear for that 'cruiser' look. However a lot of bikes sit level. Some members...especially those who are taller have raised the rear end up to level the bike out, and from what I've been reading it also improves the low speed handling and response. Figured it might help with the Voyager kit... on or off...?? MOF Voyager recommends not to use the rake kit that Hannigan sells as an option. Right now I can take out 2 bolts and the kit will detach and I can ride away on 2 wheels. That's one of the big selling features of the Voyager.

I lowered my front end an inch and it was like adding power steering

Yep, I bet you leveled it out by doing it. Same thing when raising the rear..... I picked up a couple of sets of levelers from Rick Butler that I'll be installing. Hopefully with the same results....

Jack, one of the things you will notice with the Voyager vs a true trike is the fact that with the center wheel being the drive wheel, and no differential, it requires more force to get one of the rear tires to slow down while the other one speeds up, the good old law of inertia! You will also discover you need a lot bigger turning radius. Keep the rear tire out of ruts too!!

The Voyager is a lot cheaper than a conversion though!!

Keep the rear tire out of ruts too!!

LOL... Yep found that one out.... Don't ask... :whistling:

It seems like there's a point of no return when making a turn, and it takes a little mussle to hold the line... I end up forcefully pushing and pulling on the tight curves... Hopefully the leveler will relieve that a bit... Plus a little more fine tuning.... All in all I'm starting to like the conversion, but like the website videos recommend... practice... practice... practice.