IGNORED

Just my luck

FROG MAN

I bought a new chainsaw from a reputable dealer on ebay. He sells 8-10 saws every week of the same model. I read the feedback from the other buyers and all were happy with the product. The only complaint was delayed shipment but most received theirs within two weeks.His feedback when I bought the saw was 98.6 as of Feb 29th. I checked today and his feedback dropped to 83 after about 10 people complained about not receiving there saws and no communication from the auctions on Feb 24th. Now I'm getting nervous so I sent a email. I might have to open a complaint for a paypal refund later. For now we will see how everyone else does. Just my luck the guy runs out of saws and continues to sell them. I noticed Ebay pulled all his auctions scheduled for this weekend.

Third saw I bought through ebay.No problems ever until now but hopefully it's a back order deal. I think they drop ship from mfg warehouse.Time will tell just trying to save $100 bucks. When you live in the country it cost $50 just to drive to the store.

I've only had one really bad buying experience on Ebay. I paid about $2400.00 for a new generator that was listed as "In Stock, Ready to Ship". I bought it and paid instantly via PayPal. A week later I had heard nothing so contacted the seller only to be told that his shipment had not come in but would be there within 2-3 days. Another week passed, no further word. To make a long story short, it was almost to the 30 day cutoff to being able to file a complaint and I told him that I wanted a refund. He then told me that it would be 3 more weeks before he would have a generator and that if I wanted to cancel, there would be a 10% restocking fee. I blew a gasket. A restocking fee for a product that he did NOT have in stock?

I filed a complaint with PayPal and with Square Trade. They got my money back. I left him a negative and he returned the favor. Oh well.

Frog Man

Any news on your saw? I have never used E Bay, but by chance I want to make a puchase!

I am not computer savy so I have never purchased anything via the net! so I am a little leary anyway.

I saw Freebirds post! It sounds overall safe but you need to keep an eye out to make sure, What do you think.:confused24:

Gene

Guest Popeye

Frogman;

Feb 24? File your complaint A.S.A.P.

You can always call it resolved, but filing the complaint is #1.

Also, if you file a complaint, you can have any negative feedback from chainsaw guy removed.

I hope you used a credit card or PayPal. I know that some folks don't like PayPal but it's about the only way that I will pay for anything on Ebay. I don't like calling and giving some unknown stranger my credit card info over the phone and I don't like sending a money order or check to somebody for something that he may or may not have.

With PayPal, I can pay and my credit card info is kept private from them. If there is a problem, PayPal WILL help you get your money back. They were the ones who got my $2300.00 back from the seller of the generator.

For Ebay dealings...and a lot of dealings for that matter...PayPal is my preference. I also have a PayPal debit card that is linked to my PayPal account so if I want to buy something elsewhere and haven't transferred money from PayPal to my bank, I can easily do so.

Where does he live? I got a lot of fusteration from, the last couple years. Maybe I could explain things to him.....

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::thumbsup2:The enforcer!!!!! Sounds like a good sideline business for you Dan.:D

Husqvarna has put the skids to selling chainsaws. No more internet sales. You must buy from a dealer across the counter. Several still for sale on ebay but I bet they can't deliver. Many online ads have added local pickup only.This is probably what happened to my saw. I bought it on the 29th of Feb and I bet they stopped shipment on March 1.Last weerkend a local dealer wanted $379 for the same saw. Today that same dealer went to $399. I got a steal of a deal for $265 but no shipment. Everybody else received theirs up until those who bought on or after Feb 24th. Just my Luck!