IGNORED

replacement suggestions

I have a 89 VR and would like to put some fresh speakers up front. What shape are they and what size also, I just want something plug and play. Any suggestions on what to put in would be great! A co- worker told me he has a pair of 3" (square) Pioneers, Would these fit? Thanks Ron

The first generation Ventures have 4 inch speakers. The pattern is square. The only thing I have seen is that they cannot protrude above the level of the mounting ring. Pioneer has a couple sets, Clarion and Infinity also have some that fit. I haven't replaced mine yet but I intend to. I doubt that we need the quality of the Infinity's. I will use the Pioneers or something similar. I had mine out a few weeks ago when working on the stereo and amp. Prepare to take a bit of time when pulling the side panels off. You will probably find a few pieces of plastic to repair and the need to clean up electrical connectors. Good luck.

JB

• 2 weeks later...
I'm lost, where do you begin to get at the speakers? Is there a tech write up that tells step by step how to. I can see them if I take off the turn signals but it just didn't seem like thats how they would go in:confused24:

Pappa Bear. You take off the turn signals, look in side, you will see the nuts that hold the speaker. Speaker sits on top of fairing. pull up on black grill.

PA RIDER.