IGNORED

trailer wiring isolator schematic options

Came across this schematic which is pretty close to what I had in mind.

I am at the beginining of this project and can use any connector (4 wire, 5 wire, 7 wire, any connector plus 1, etc) but from a functionality perspective will probally be headed to 7 wire in the long run and 5 wire in the short run.

I have a lot of relays laying around so using relays to isolate the trailer wiring from the bike's lighting is appealing.

looking for shematics to evaluate......anyone have any

I know there are some diode versions out there, but does do not really isolate the trailer wiring rom the bikes wiring.......planning on using the bikes wiring to trigger the relays with power coming from the battery.

isolator creates new dedicated circuts for your trailer each can be fused and if the circuts on the trailer short out....your main rear lighting electrical system will be fine. all it takes is for you to loose your rear lighting once (like happened to me) and the extra 10 bucks in relays is a no brainer.

I just wired a HF tow behind used all LED lights. I used Steve's T connector and ran 5 wires.

Ground

Left

Right

Run

Those are normal.

The fifth must be separate

STOP.

And to make it work with no hocus pocus

I used seperate Amber turn signals just as the bike does. So all wiring on the trailer is the same.

You just need Steve's t harness and two 5 connector plugs. He will custom make the t harness with the pigtail long enough to reach the receiver. At a cheap charge IMHO

I put high power magnets in the harness to hold it to the Chrome stays or whatever you want to stick it to. Five will do.

I have mine where when I am done towing I lift the seat and unplug the T harness and toss it in the trailer and no unsightly wires and plugs hanging down.

I used a 6 wire plug. That's a spare wire. Connect it to pos and use the ground and you have enough power in the trailer to charge a power pack, cell phone or run your go pros.

All my connections on my trailer are inside the until. On a terminal board. So all I have to do to make it work with a 4 wire is switch some terminals and whala. (Marry the turn and stops and bypass the amber turn signals)

The lights I bought from truck supply can be seen in daylight and warranty forever.

Anyways. I love my removable plug in T harness trailer light set up that Steve helped make happen.

I MUST note. I had the hoppy isolator here ready to install. I did it this way for weight and space savings and keep it simple. I don't see the big deal isolating the bike from the trailer ..??.if your pulling a trailer and the lights go out on it are you going to keep riding? No. So wire it direct and save money, time, space and unsightly wiring.

Its only a matter of separate amber turn signals you add on. And one more wire for the stops.

Place your order. Steve ships faster than any vendor of anything anywhere! He could ship ice cream!