IGNORED

Looking for assistance along I40 in AZ/CA

Gray Ghost

We are riding towards Santa Monica, will be hitting the AZ border this morning. I need to do an oil change and the place I thought I could use fell through. If you are along that route and would not mind assisting me with this, please call 770 dash 845 dash 7427.

Which side of AZ? NM side or CA side?

If on the CA side, there is a Walmart Supercenter (with Tire and Lube) in Kingman, AZ. You can purchase an aluminum turkey roaster pan and a jug of oil, change it in the parking lot, and they will recycle the used oil.

If on the NM side, there is a Walmart Supercenter (with Tire and Lube) in Gallup, NM.

On another note, and just for reference, the oil change interval recommended by Yamaha in the owners manual is 8000 miles. And this is for standard dino oil.

RR

I have used autozone a number of times too like mentioned about wally world. We are south of ya ghost, down near big bend np in texas. 110 right now, taking a break from the heat. I am very fortunate that tweeks, our 83 is so tired. It averages 1000 miles to a quart of oil so every 4k I have an oil change, never have to drain it.....

wish i were closer.......

puc

Wish I could help, I'm at the bottom of Arizona.....and I'm unloading a buddy's Uhaul pods that came in yesterday. Two done so far in 109 heat....3 more to go....hope to be done by Monday!!!

I like the idea of a WalMart nearby.....I've always purchased their Rand McNally Atlas as it lists the stores...just in case I needed a parking lot to stay in while towing the boat.

david

We are riding towards Santa Monica, will be hitting the AZ border this morning. I need to do an oil change and the place I thought I could use fell through. If you are along that route and would not mind assisting me with this, please call 770 dash 845 dash 7427.

Gray ghost I live 30 miles north of Santa Monica.

I just saw this thread Friday night. Not sure where you are but I have a house and happy to help. I will phone you sat am.

VentureFar...

Gray ghost I live 30 miles north of Santa Monica.

I just saw this thread Friday night. Not sure where you are but I have a house and happy to help. I will phone you sat am.

VentureFar...

Thanks for the hospitality, it was great meeting you.

Thanks for the hospitality, it was great meeting you.[/quote

You too! Hey all, if Gray Ghost asks for assistance on his 48 state journey step up and help out. You will be glad you did.

VentureFar...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/ihavethespirit/Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Midnight%20Venture/d5a9277b-cf6e-44e2-a211-cf91a77e024a_zps16f7ac9d.jpg