IGNORED

Laying down a first gen

Flyinfool

Hey Snag,, I had that happen to me twice out in Wyoming before I figured out to park with the wind blowing against the side stand,,, then it happened again cause I forgot to find a big ol rock to put under the stand,,,,,, man I hate when that happens:confused24:

Looks like you got off pretty easy having only takin out a windshield.. Dont take much to snap off mirrors, crack bags and fracture fairings with the tonnage impact of one our big ol heavy Ventures... GOOD LOOKIN MK1 there buddy!!

Were those pics recent and where at?

I usually have the bike parked between the camper and the Lincoln to break up the wind as much as i can. I keep leaning into the wind pretty well and have never had a problem with it rocking to even cause me concern. That lil wind storm was a complete surprise for these parts. Steady winds of 30-40 MPH were almost everyday riding conditions this season. This one hit early morning right after drive time and did a lot of damage.

The thing i know that caused the problem was still having the full cover on it at the time. Hoist the main sail matey! There she blows!

If I'd had any idea of the intensity of the storm she would have been facing into the wind without the cover. (And I'd probably been sitting on the bike with my raingear and full face bucket on.)

Those pics are just within the last month or so. Out here in the boonies about 35 miles south of Omaha off of hwy 50. Where IM at is about 4 miles down limerock roads to find any pavement.

And thanks. I bought that bike in 2006 pretty close to a basket case. It was a one owner when i got it. Been stored indoors for 9 years by the PO's son. Took it apart and rebuild everything. Got 72k miles on her today and gets ridden almost every day.

She's been a heck of a bike. Just ain't made for off road ya know. I'd feel better if the made a knobby with a decent sidewall rating.

BTW love that WLA ya got. I could use the scabbard out this way. Got plenty of wild life.

Anyway back to the original show................:D

From my Droid wherever I may happen to be at any given moment.