IGNORED

Gulf Coast Tent Camping

Venturous

Hello All,

In June, my wife and I have a rare week where both our two teens will be away. We want to do a ride and camp. I suggested returning to Myrtle Beach, but my wife mentioned along the gulf coast since we have never spent any time there yet.

Looking for suggestions for good places to tent camp. Right now considering Gulf State Park near Gulf Shores, AL and also maybe on Dauphin Island. We would prefer somewhere shaded and designed for tents instead of RV pads, but electric hook-up is a must for a fan. Appreciate any suggestions. Also any good day rides for that area.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a campground near Fort Pickens at the Gulf Islands National Seashore, west end of Santa Rosa Island (Pensacola Beach). Been years since I camped there so not sure what it is like now.

My Brother went Camping on St Georges Island, also years ago.

Another nice area, but I don't have a camp recommendation is the Florida Nature Coast, Steinhatchee area where the Suwanee River meets the Gulf. All delta marsh, no beaches per se but nice area.

If you stay in the panhandle/Gulfshores, hit the FloraBama lounge at least once. 182 to 292 to Perdido Key and Gulf Beach highway going east or 182 to Fort Morgan going west along the beach is nice. from Gulf Shores head north on 59 then west to Alt 98 that runs along the east side of Mobile Bay through Point Clear. You can Continue on north go under I-10 and pick up the highway 90 west causeway across mobile bay. A couple good seafood places on the bay. You can hop back on 10 west, take Dauphin Island parkway south til the end and take the ferry back across mobile bay to Fort Morgan and 182 back to Gulf Shores.

I grew up in Pensacola, dated a girl that lived in Gulfport Ms, did a lot of "ridin around" caging it in my 72 Ventura.

• 3 weeks later...
So we are in Gulf Shores, Al for a few days... Looking for any local tips.

1. The one local restuarant you would suggest for the most local flavor.

2. Any non-riding attractions we should check out.

Thanks

Old HWY 27 Grill in Fairhope, AL