I had to drill the bolt head off on one of them on my 99.

I highly recommend any 2nd gen owner remove and lube the bolts now, rather than needing to access the main fuse on the road and stripping a bolthead with few tools.

I did that once with one of the studs holding the carbs onto the manifold of my Jeep only went one or two better. Broke the extractor off in the manifold then broke a carbide and diamond drill bit trying to get the extractor out. Each broken tool being harder than the previous one. The solution turned out to be using a nibbler which is essentially an electric arc cutting torch.

And, no I did not do that part myself after getting in well over my head on my own decided to seek 'professional' help. :sign07: :buttkick:

Get some break free soaking on it. Is the extractor broke off in the bolt now? I'm guessing you have managed to completely strip out the allen head. Can you get a punch in the center of the head. Give it a few good raps. Unfortunately I think all you will be able to do is drill it and try to get an extractor in it. You can try left hand drill bits. Center punch the head. Start small to get a good straight hole started. Then move up a size at a time. If your using left hand drill bits it may create enough heat while drilling to loosen it up and it will walk its self out. If not keep moving up until you drill the head off the allen. Then remove the footrest. Then youll have to vise grip the left in part out.

There are different typs and styles of extractors out there. I personaly have not had great luck with the tapered looking ones (the ones that sort of look like a left handed screw). I have a set of extractors that have what looks like a nut on the top and a grooved pin straight down. Sort of like this. The tapered ones, either I cant seem to get them in far enough or because they are square at top I cant ever get a wrench on it that will turn it. I dont own many 12 point box wrenches or sockets, most are 6 point. :080402gudl_prv: Let us know how you get on with it.

Trying to remove the left side foot rest bracket.

Bolt head was bad. I used a grabbit extractor. IT Broke !!

Any ideas on how to get the bolt out??

The extractor did not break even.

HELP

Can you fit a dremel tool with a cone shaped grinding stone on the extractor/ bolt hole?