IGNORED

Turnsignal Conversion Kit

seabeetom

OK, so I'm technically challenged!!

I got the Electrical Connection Taillight Conversion Kit, sounded like a good and Easy idea for the 2008 RSV..

I figured out the wiring connections, but darned if I can figure out how to get the turn signal bulb grommet out of the lollipop without tearing it up. I believe this must be removed so the wiring can follow the same path as the original wiring. Also there is no slack in the wiring even after removing the lollipop from the fender so no room to play with.

If it's only a matter of pull&rip, I can get the grommet out, but I'd rather not. While I'm in there I'd like to replace that FUBAR light socket with an 1157 socket.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I've had her apart for 2 days now and I've scratched a bald spot on the 'ol noggin.

It has been awhile since I put them on my "06" Venture. If I remember correctly there are two screws that hold that little silver bracket which holds that rubber gromet in place. Remove the two screws and wiggle and pull that rubber gromet out. There is not alot of slack there at all, but enough. Routing the new wire thru the housing wall and the rubber gromet and then getting the gromet back in place was the hardest part. I put a little oil on the gromet with my finger it seemed to help getting it back in place.

bump - I'm going through the same issue, suggestions from anyone?

OK, here's what I did, I'm sure there's other ways, but this worked on my 2008 RSV...

- Unbolt signal assy bracket bolts from under fender. (I put blue painters tape all over the fender in that area to prevent scratching)

- Bend the harness keeper nearest those bolts and pull signal wires out of it and push thru fender. This gave me a little slack to play with.

- Disassemble lens, remove bulb(careful, don't know where to get replacements for this morphidite).

- Remove two screws and metal do-dad holding light socket.

- Carefully pull/tug/cuss the rubber grommet out.(careful not to pull socket off wires).

- Run the kit LED wires from inside light housing thru lollipop, thru fender follow existing harness up and back thru fender behind license bracket.( I wrapped the wires thru the head of an 8" zip tie and used it as a fish tape to get thru the lollipop stem.)

- Have a couple of 15amp ATC's on hand.....

- Me thinks that now would be a good time to put an 1156 bulb socket in and run the wires.

- To put grommet back in, grease it up or wd-40 it so it will slide back in stem. Liquid soap should work fine..

- Follow kit instructions for wiring and installation.

- Reassemble.

Just my dos centimos...

Good Luck

" Me thinks that now would be a good time to put an 1156 bulb socket in and run the wires."

All you have to do in order to use a standard 1156 bulb in this socket is to file off one of the two metal tabs on a 1156 bulb and it will fit.

" Me thinks that now would be a good time to put an 1156 bulb socket in and run the wires."

All you have to do in order to use a standard 1156 bulb in this socket is to file off one of the two metal tabs on a 1156 bulb and it will fit.

Gotcha, file off one of the metal tits on the side of the metal bulb base.

Does it matter which one ? :rotf:

CAN DO!