IGNORED

audio gremlin

midnightrider1300

split fairing, pull apart plugs and look for moisture, try drying and a lil dilithium grease.

I was afraid that was the answer, I did that last summer and that helped a little , I think this time I'm going to use liquid tape to seal the connections. I don't like taking the fairing off, lol ....:whistling:

The only "problem" I've had with my 2009 RSV is the audio/stereo. I must have taken that back to the dealer half a dozen times with complaints. It would go to CB and nothing you could do would change it. The volume would go to maximum and would refuse to be adjusted. Sitting at a red light with the CB on maximum volume while truckers used profanity that would make a sailor blush (and I'm a retired sailor!!) was enough to make me want to buy a Harley! They split the fairing and supposedly found bad connections every time. They replaced the control unit once. Nothing seemed to help. It would work fine for a day or a week and then it would go to heck again. I considered cutting the wires to the speakers it was so bad. It was all so random. It would just suddenly go wonky and just as sudden return to normal.

Then....I had the bike triked with a Hannigan kit at Volunteer Cycles and Tikes. When I went to pick it up and ride it home Randy (owner of VC&T) asked if I ever had trouble with the system. He said when he had the bike apart and the fairing split that he found all of the connections extremely corroded and some simply twisted together. He cleaned, and fixed the wiring and I've been trouble free ever since....knock on wood!

Last year at Don's maintainence day there was someone with a similar problem. He would turn the handle bars one way and the radio would do weird things and turn it the other and it would be fine. The problem as the wire ties. They were too tight and would just tug enough to loosen the radio wire connections. So when you split the fairing make sure the wires don't bind when you turn the handle bars.

Last year at Don's maintainence day there was someone with a similar problem. He would turn the handle bars one way and the radio would do weird things and turn it the other and it would be fine. The problem as the wire ties. They were too tight and would just tug enough to loosen the radio wire connections. So when you split the fairing make sure the wires don't bind when you turn the handle bars.

It was the ties on the right hand side I don't remember who it was but it took several of us looking at it till someone noticed the tie wraps pulling the wires.

It was the ties on the right hand side I don't remember who it was but it took several of us looking at it till someone noticed the tie wraps pulling the wires.

Hey that was me Joe!......at Don's MD last year. The re-useable tie wrap on the right side of the bike, would bind & pull the connectors as you turned the bars.

Nightrider1300 - mine is an 2005 as well. Joe repositioned the tie wrap higher up on the bundle of connectors and that way it didn't pull. So far so good I have not had the problem since.

:fingers-crossed-emo